Phase 4: Horseman Horde!

A few seconds passed after pulling the sacred blade, Chunchunmaru. The whole structure of the church trembled. You've been alarmed and panic fueled your system. You look side to side looking for an enemy or a door opened, but there is none. 

After the tremor subsided. Matthew lightly pats his robe; ridding the speck of dust covering it.

"Well, that was unfortunate," said Matthew, "Also like I said earlier there are deep consequences when you pulled that sword so... when I said deep, I meant deep in that cave over there and they are going to rip us into shreds. Oh, and by the way thank you. 

Besides, the broken doorway across the altar was a dark cave. Scratching sounds can be heard ascending from there, so you did a logical thing to do. 

"Run!" 

Matthew followed and together ran towards the backdoor of the church- the opposite of the broken doorway. After getting out, you both encountered 4 paths and you assumed that you're back on the hectic maze again.

"Now, where shall we go hero?" Matthew asked.

"I don't know Foreteller but let's run on the first one." 

You picked up the first path and sprints towards it with Matthew followed. 

You never look back, not even an inch, but worry soon came into your mind as you remembered Yuzuriha. You halted your steps and looked at Matthew.

"We must find a way back to Yuzuriha. Do you know which way to go?" You asked.

Matthew slowly shook his head despondently.

"I'm afraid I can't. I've been trapped inside that church for centuries now, and at that time there was no maze."

Your eyes widened in disbelief. Is she safe? She might be killed if we delay any more time. How can you save her?

Rustling noise from the hedge indicates that they are near and it can be heard everywhere. You are surrounded. 

Slowly they all step forward, revealing their aspects from the shadows. They look humanoid with the head and 2 legs of a horse, and by the looks of it, you remembered the Filipino legends about horseman. The Tikbalang.

They all have sharp claws that can pierce through skin and have red eyes. These types of Aswangs are lethal and fast. Matthew looked pale and trembling.

"I..I...I've never seen demons like these before. W...W-What are they?"

"Tikbalang," you answered "They are fast demons. In my country, they are called Aswangs."

"If that's the case they will tear us down if we move a single muscle. How can we do this O'Wise great hero?"

You pointed your sword at the Tikbalangs and act bravely. As Yuzuriha said, "Never look down, lift your head up and get through." It will be your new motto for now.

"Well, we have to fight Foreteller, do you have magic or whatsoever? You're a wizard right?

Matthew tightened his gripping fingers on the wooden staff. And muttered a prayer something like faith.

"Sorry, but I'm a prophet," said Matthew, "but I'm afraid I don't use magic to mutilate anyone. I use it to help people."

You beamed and held tightly to your sacred sword, Chunchunmaru. Even thou the odds are stacked against you. There is no room for pessimistic.

"Then please," you said, "Assist me wise prophet for my friend is in need of your aid."

You don't know where did you get those lines but oh, well we got to the battle part again as you thrust your sword towards a nearing Tikbalang. It pierced through its heart and died. 

The other leaped towards Matthew. Matthew lightly taps the ground with the bottom part of his staff and the sight looks like it has been tapped on water. The earthly ground glowed yellow and trees erected from the ground and matted the Tikbalang with their branches.

Others were also affected. One got lifted in the air, the other got obscured and Others have their legs matted.  You sweep your blade vertically, horizontally and even performed a quick X slash like what Yuzuriha did.  

You're a fast learner but is it really you? Or the blade moves on its own? The idea had been set back as you put your focus on ending this.

Yuzuriha needed help and you need to get there before it is too late, and these horsemen are many to be counted.

"How many Horseman are there? There are so many of them. I feel so exhausted that every time I swung my blade it... it feels getting heavier." You said.

Matthew on the other side awkwardly dodging and evading their attacks with the help of his trees he obscured their paths, slowing them in the process. You, however, looked weary and is about to fall. 

"Y/n!" Mattew shouted, "don't give up, I know the sword is using too much energy from, but you need to endure it for a little longer if you want to save your friend."

Matthew then lifts up his staff towards the heavens and with all his strength, slams the bottom of the staff on to the soil. The soil rippled like water with golden light color.

The rippling soil reached to you and roots of golden light climbs on to your body, bathing you with golden light. Your exhaustion subsided, your sword doesn't feel heavy anymore and your mind has lost its worries.

You felt happy and optimistic. This might be the prophet's magic. You gave Matthew a quick glance and mouthed thank you, then stabbed the sword on the ground. 

You channeled those golden light energies and releasing it. The ground exploded and everyone that surrounded you turned gold then exploded throwing golden specks of their remains. Excluding Matthew of course. He gave you the energy.

You huffed and look up to Matthew, making sure he is okay.

Matthew smiled.

"I see," Matthew said, "you really are the chosen one. Y/n the wielder of Chunchunmaru. I am happy to be at your service."

You slowly stood on your feet and sheepishly grinned at him. Then again even thou you have happy thoughts. You remembered Yuzuriha.

"Matthew," You called, "Yuzuriha needs us. I beg you if you have anything on your sleeve, please, we need to get there fast or else she dies."