scene 130- comfort

"Wild?"
"Yeah? Is something bothering you?"
"Mhm."
"What is it?"
"Well, I just wanted to tell you, if you do the... thing again, I'm gonna-"

"Guys! We're going to leave soon!"

"I guess you'll have to tell me some other time, okay?"

●●●

As they walked, Wild thought about what Wind had said. He had an idea of what the "thing" was, but not what Wind was going to do. Hopefully, it wouldn't happen.

He'd try to think before he acted. To think how other people would feel. To think how other people would react.

Then, maybe he wouldn't do it.
No promises, though.
Promises didn't do shit, and neither did hoping.

●●●

It had been a while now, and they were still walking. Wild was getting bored. That happened a lot. Everyone else seemed to be enjoyed themselves.

He decided that once the camp was set up, he'd leave. Of course, he didn't know when they'd stop, but it couldn't take too long.

He was starting to get tired. It was hard to pick up his feet. Because of this, he was walking so slowly that he had ended up at the back of the group, even though he was originally up at the front with Twilight.

He was so exhausted. Why was he so freaking damn tired all of a sudden? His legs felt like jelly, and he could barely keep his eyes open.
He felt lightheaded.

He looked up at Twilight. He was so far away. And...he was moving a lot. Everything was spinning. And blurry.
Hopefully he would be able to get over there before he....
fell.......

●●●

"Um, Twi?"
He turned around to look at Legend, who had stopped walking.
"Yeah? What is it?"
"Wild just...passed out."

Twilight looked at the ground where Legend was pointing, and sure enough, Wild was lying there. It looked like he had just fallen over.

"He looked a little tired, but we've been walking for a while, so I just brushed it off, but I guess there was something wrong-"
"Stop. Just... wait a sec, okay?"
Legend nodded and stepped out of the way as Twilight hurried over.

Time had stopped everyone else so that they wouldn't leave Wild and Twilight behind.

Twilight got down on his knees next to Wild and rolled him onto his back. His face was paler than usual. Twilight put his hand on Wild's chest. His heartbeat was pretty normal. Just a bit faster than it normally would be.
He check Wild's pulse. Normal. Everything seemed fine.
Although, he was sweating quite a bit.

Then, Wild blinked his eyes open with a groan.
"Ugh... Did I f**kin pass out?"
Twilight nodded. Wild sat up and said,
"That's f**kin stupid."
"Do you know why?"
"Yeah. I was super tired for no reason."
"Ah. You should rest, then."
"No, I don't need to. I'm fine."

To prove his point, he stood up and walked around Twilight. He then pulled out his sword.
"Bye. See ya."
He pushed the sword into the ground and promptly disappeared.

●●●

He sighed and pulled out his Sheikah slate. He went to the map and teleported to Zora's Domain. There was something he wanted to do.

~

When he got there, he immediately went to the statue of Mipha. He stood in front of her, looking up at her face.

He blinked. He wished it was raining. Maybe that would hide his tears

He sat down on the base of the statue. He brought his legs close to his body and hugged them tight. A drop of water fell onto his knee. Or a tear. He didn't really know. Well, he didn't care.

Someone tapped his shoulder.
"What the hell do you want?"
"I want to know if you're okay."
Sidon.
...

"Fine. I'm fine."
He stood up.
"Just... leave me alone. Okay."
Sidon ruffled his hair, and he clenched his fists.
"Stop. It," he hissed.
"Fine, fine."

He sighed.
"Sorry. I'm just in a bad mood or something."
"That's okay. I understand."
Sidon patted his head, and he smiled a little.

"You barely remember her."
He nodded.
"I only have a few memories."
"Really? I would have thought you would have plenty by now."
He shook his head.
"No. Not really. I only have a few. Around..."
He started counting on his fingers.
"Um.. 28, I think. I didn't realize there were so many. But... it really doesn't feel like that. Most of them are just conversations and stuff. Several just relate to ones I've already gotten.
"Ah."

"I feel terrible for not remembering her. We knew each other so well, but now..."
"Now you don't."
"And I can't get to know her again, because she-she's dead."
He buried his face into his hands, sobbing.

Sidon rubbed his back.
"I know it must be hard. I don't know what's like for you, but it can't be easy. The least I can do is try to help."
He leaned against Sidon.
"Thanks."

●●●

Wild had so much. So much support, so much love, so much help. So much more.
Yet he was worse off than him.
Wild had tried to kill himself twice. He had never attempted that. He had thought about it plenty of times, but he never acted on the thoughts.

Maybe he got so much attention because he had it so much worse. And you wouldn't expect someone like himself to be like that. They didn't know his whole story. But they knew Wild's.

Not that he wanted them to fawn over him as much as Wild. No, he was content with the way it was now.

He hated this. It was almost unbearable. He thought he'd never have to go through this again. But here he was, proving himself wrong.

And unlike Wild, he no longer had an excuse.
And unlike Wild, this wasn't his first rodeo.
And unlike Wild, he hadn't killed himself.

Yet.