scene 36- death wish

"Hey Wild, come check this out! It reminds me of your Sheikah thingy!"
He looked up at the sound of Wind's voice and started jogging over to him. Wind was looking up at a mechanical beast, one that sparked fear in Wild's chest. His stunned face looked up at the beast, and he spoke.
"What? How... how did that get here? I-I thought these couldn't get to me here- I- no."

He stepped back in terror, then he turned and bolted, tears streaming from his eyes. He ran as fast as he could, nearly tripping over his feet several times, and leaving Wind alone, wondering what just happened.

He ran past Twilight and the others, past the recently set up campsite, and into the forest they had just come out of.

He ran as far as he could before he ran out of breath and energy, falling to the ground.
"No... not here... this was my safe place, the place I could be and not be constantly reminded... "

Back at the campsite, Wind was jogging back, over to Twilight. He was concerned about what had happened, unsure of whether he should go find Wild.
"Hey, Twi? Uh, Wild just ran off."
"Yeah, I saw. What was that about?"
He grabbed Twilight's hand and led him over to the large object. It loomed over them ominously, not as cool and interesting as Wind had thought earlier. They looked up at it in wonder.
"A guardian..."
"Is that what it is? Huh. Anyways, I showed it to him and he seemed scared. He actually talked when he saw it."
"Really? It must have been important in his journey."
"Yeah, important as in terrifying. Maybe a boss or something. I dunno why a boss would come here, though. A miniboss, sure, but never a boss. It looks more like a miniboss, though. Why would he be so scared of a miniboss?"

Twilight was barely paying attention to Wind's rambling, instead remembering his experiences with these. He recalled running from them with Wild on several occasions.

"I mean, I fought a pretty scary miniboss once-"
"I should probably go find him."
"Huh? Oh, yeah. He went that way."
Wind pointed in the direction that Wild had gone, and Twilight walked off towards the forest.

Not long after he entered the forest, he found Wild kneeling on the ground, looking dead ahead. He was deathly still, not making a noise.
"Wild? You alright?"
Wild still didn't move.
"Wild?"
He nodded just the slightest bit. Twilight could barely tell that Wild nodded.

Something was going on with Wild. Of course, he already knew that. But this was different. He seemed... overly calm.

Wild stood up and turned to Twilight. His face was oddly neutral, devoid of any emotion.
"Are you okay?"
"Yes."
Wild walked right past Twilight. He was stunned by the fact that Wild spoke, and the way he spoke. It was so matter-of-fact. So calm.

Maybe he was just imagining it. Maybe nothing was off about him. Maybe he was actually getting better.

●●●

Life was meaningless. It would end at one point or another. Why drag it out? Why not make it end yourself?

●●●

"Okay, everyone. Looks like we have a bokoblin camp up ahead. Be careful and alert."

Wild pulled his sword out, already ready to fight. A little too ready.

As they walked past the camp, a bokoblin noticed the group and blew into a horn. Several other bokoblins ran up to the group, and Wild immediately ran at them, sword in hand. He was being awfully reckless.

He swung his sword around haphazardly, not really caring if it hit a bokoblin. He just wanted to feel the adrenaline of a fight, the pain of a wound. Something. Anything.

Then, he got hit. Them again. And again. He didn't even try to block the attacks. He just kept swinging the sword around. Who cared if he fought well? He was just doing this for himself. What a selfish asshole he was. He deserved to get hurt. He deserved to die.

One of the bokoblins hit his scar. He stumbled back, but adrenaline made him barely notice the pain. He kept fighting until all of the bokoblins were gone. He kept fighting until all of his energy was gone. Well, most of it.

They continued walking, and suddenly, Wild froze. He felt the pain from his scar, now that the rush of battle was gone. And it hurt.
"Aah... f**k."
Twilight looked back at him.
"Wild? Everything okay?"
"Yeah, I just... my side hurts. It's nothing you need to worry about, though."
"If you're sure."

Twilight looked forward again, not completely sold on the "my side hurts a little" thing. Wild probably just didn't want them to stop for him. And he wouldn't make the group stop if Wild didn't want them to. He'd just insist that they keep going.