scene 118- break

Before him, someone was lying on the ground.
He walked over. It looked like they needed help.

Female.
Thick eyebrows.
Short, purple hair.
Beautiful.

Well, if it wasn't for the

Blood.

The end of a sharp blade, poking through her chest.
The hilt of a sword in her back.

She was stabbed.

But by whom?

He looked ahead.
Another person.

Also female.
Wearing blue.
Long, blonde hair.
Beautiful blue eyes.

Blood splattered on her clothes.

And the words

I'm sorry.
It was for your own good.
Please,
forgive me.

P

layed in his head.
Echoed.

In her voice.

●~●~●

"Hey, Twilight?"

He looked away from Time, up at the loft. Wind was standing next to the bed.

"This probably isn't a good time, and it probablybdoesnt matter, but I think Wild's crying."
"Wait, what?"
Wind walked over to the rail.
"Did I do it? This is all because of me, isn't it?"

Wind sighed. He walked down and over to the table. He rummaged through his bag and pulled out his grappling hook.
"Welp, I'm off."

Twilight grabbed his arm to stop him.
"What are you doing?"
Wind looked up at him.
"Wild doesn't want me here."
"What are you doing with that?"
He pointed at the rope in Wind's hand.
"Why should you care?"
"And if you're leaving, why are you only bringing that?"
"Leave me alone."

Wind stomped out of the house, slamming the door behind him. That woke Warrior up, who immediately started complaining.
"Hey! That was the first time I've slept like that in a while! What the hell is going on?"

Twilight looked at him, slightly annoyed.

"Wind just went off to do who knows what with only a rope. And Time is freaking out for some reason, and apparently Wild is crying. And I'm stressed because everything is going to shit, all because Wind decided to mess with Wild's f**king spear or whatever and so Wild almost killed him then left then found that f**jing mask thing and went f**king insane and nearly got himself killed and now I don't know what's up with Time or what the hell Wind is doing and I'm scared about what's going to happen to Wild..."

Twilight buried his face in his hands and fell to his knees. He shook his head, mumbling,
"I don't know what to do..."

Warrior wordlessly stood up and walked out the door. As soon as he shut the door behind him, Twilight heard a shout. He didn't get up to see what was going on. He didn't get up to see why Wind was yelling at Warrior, or why Warrior was yelling at Wind. He didn't get up to see what Wind had been doing. He didn't get up to see what they were arguing about.

Because he didn't really care.
Not right now.

The door slammed open, then it slammed shut.
Warrior walked in, dragging an annoyed Wind behind him.
Twilight didn't look up.

He heard Warrior say,
"Next time you're upset, don't solve it by hitting trees with the damn grappling hook. You'll knock one down."
"Fine. I won't do it again."
Wind sighed and sat down at the table. He muttered something to himself.

Twilight still didn't look up.
Everything really was going to shit.

●●●

She held her hair up, looking in the mirror. Hopefully this would look okay...
Well, she didn't mind how it looked. It wouldn't matter soon anyway.

She picked the knife up and held her hair out.
And...
She cut it.

Eh.
It looked okay. Not great, but okay.
Hopefully he wouldn't get upset.
...
Not that he wouldn't be later.
That would probably upset him more.
Anyway, this was just her hair.
It really wouldn't matter.
Especially considering what she planning on doing.

●●●

Warrior sat down at the table across from Wind.
"So, what's up with Time?"
"Dunno."
"And what's this about Wild crying? I thought he was out cold."
"Dunno. I noticed that it looked like he had been crying."
"Oh."
"Probably a dream. Didn't even know you could dream when you were out like that. Honestly, he might ad well be dead."

Twilight let out a son, and Warrior glared at Wind.
"Don't say that!"
"I don't heckin care."
Wind crossed his arms.

This whole situation was odd to Warrior. Wind seemed so annoyed with everything. And not in a rebellious child way. He seemed genuinely upset with everything. Like the world had done something wrong to him.

And in a way, it had. Wild tried to murder him, then promptly almost got killed.

Still, beating up trees- with a grappling hook, of all things- was not how to solve something like that. He needed to use a sword or something for that.

Warrior stood up.
"Hey, Wind, do you want to train with me? I saw a forest nearby."
Wind looked up at him.
"Sure. If you really want me to."

Wind stood up and found his sword. Warrior did the same and led Wind outside. They walked over to some trees.

Wind immediately started hacking away at a tree. Warrior followed suit, choosing a nearby tree.

After a minute or so, he heard Wind shout. He looked over and saw the tree starting to tip over, right onto Wind. He ran over and pushed him aside. He only just managed to get out of the way quickly enough to not get crushed.

Or, that was what he thought.
There was a crash and an odd crunching sound.
Then, all he felt was pain. Agony.

And he blacked out.