54

Yoongi nodded in agreement. "From what I know about your father and brothers, it doesn't seem entirely unlikely."

A simple "Yeah," was all I could muster in response.

"But," Yoongi continued. "There's also a chance JiHoon's murder had nothing to do with being hybrid."

"Right," Hoseok agreed. "While it doesn't seem like it was just a random murder, it could have been about something else. Maybe it was about money? Or something that went down at the bar while he was working?"

"True," Yoongi agreed with a nod. "That bar isn't exactly in a great part of town, and the clientele are on the unsavory side."

"Could it have been a case of mistaken identity?" asked Sarah.

Hoseok sucked in a breath of air between his teeth. "Doubtful. JiHoon had a pretty distinct look."

"Like an elf." Yoongi quipped.

A light chuckled escaped Jimin's lips. "Yeah, he did kinda look like an elf."

Hoseok looked to Sarah. "He was pretty short, and had light pink hair. Cute as a button."

"So, we really have no idea then. No leads," I stated and looked around the room.

Yoongi shrugged his shoulders. "Not really."

"It's probably not worth it to go back and check out the alley again," I said with a defeated sigh.

Sarah reached behind Hoseok and placed her hand on my shoulder. With a determined look in her eyes, she said, "I'll check around and see if any other half-breeds have heard anything. Park JiHoon?" I nodded. "Maybe someone knows something? It's worth a shot."

I gave my friend a weak smile, and she pulled her hand back.

"Maybe we should check out the bar?" Hoseok asked, his expression hopeful. "Sarah, want to go together?"

"On a Wednesday night?"

Hoseok's cheeks flushed crimson. "Tomorrow night would be better. They do Thirsty Thursdays. It's usually pretty busy."

"Okay."

"Really?" Hoseok perked up and pulled out his phone. "Let me get your number."

Yoongi stood up from his seat and slowly stretched. "I'm going to head out."

He picked up the chair and returned it to the dining table, before pausing in the living room.

"I'll check out The Council's server and see if I can find anything related to JiHoon." He walked over to the front door and slipped his shoes on. "I'll let the other guys know what we discussed here tonight, and have them check their connections, too. We should all meet and go over what we've found. How about Friday night at our house?"

"Sure. Sounds good." I agreed. My only connections to the hybrid world had been reduced to the four people in my living room, the three Kims, and Jungkook. I wasn't sure how I could be helpful in digging up leads.

"Sarah?" Yoongi cast a cool glance at my friend.

"You want me there, too?" She asked, her voice laced with surprise. Yoongi rolled his eyes and nodded his head. "Okay."

"I'll text you our address," Hoseok whispered to her.

Hoseok stood and joined Yoongi at the door. "I'll head home, too. Sarah, I'll see you tomorrow." He gave her a wink before slipping out the door behind Yoongi.

Turning to face Jimin and me, Sarah chuckled and shook her head. "So, I think I have a date with your friend." She glanced out the front window, watching Hoseok walk to his car.

"Hobi?" Jimin questioned, following Sarah's gaze. "Yeah. He seems pretty interested. He has a thing for tall women. He's a chimpanzee."

"Oh, okay. That makes sense." Sarah's eyes danced between Jimin and me. It seemed as if she had made up her mind about something, and rose from the couch. "I think I'm going to go. You're going to be okay, right, Y/n?"

"I'm fine. It was just a little too much excitement in a short period of time. I'll be okay."

"Okay," Sarah slipped on her shoes. "Jimin, it was nice to meet you. I guess I'll see you both on Friday."

I locked the door behind Sarah, and turned around to find Jimin had moved over the to couch. He was sitting toward the center with his arms stretched out and resting along the on back of the couch. His tender, caring eyes were focused on my face as I made my way to sit down next to him. Is this feeling just a side effect from changing? Or are these butterflies in my stomach real?

Does it really matter either way?

I let out a contented sigh and snuggled into his side. Jimin's arm dropped around my shoulders to pull me closer.

"Everything is going to work out," Jimin's lilting voice filled my ears like a gentle hum.

His embrace felt warm and safe. I wanted to stay like that for as long as possible. Protected.

Jimin pressed a gentle kiss to the top of my head.

"I promise. Everything is going to be fine."

--------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading! I appreciate all of you!

I'm going to take some time off from updating over the holidays. I won't have access to a computer, and writing on my phone is nearly impossible.

I plan to update next on December 30th or 31st.

In the mean time, I highly recommend JinBot by Fanficmehard

Happy Holidays!