45

"Why isn't he getting out of the car?" Yoongi asked. He sat up and turned to look out the window, resting one cheek on the back of the couch. Oh my gosh. His cheeks look so squishy. Like tofu! He's adorable!

I shook my head in an attempt to shake away the high-pitched squeal I had just let out in my mind. "He's on the phone." 

Yoongi pouted and I felt my heart melt. Cute! How did I ever think he was intimidating? 

"What is he talking about? Can you hear it?" 

Nodding, I focused on the conversation inside the car. Unfortunately, my hearing wasn't strong enough to hear what the person on the other end of the phone was saying. 

"I'm not sure. He just keeps saying 'I understand,' and 'yes, sir.'" 

"He must be talking to his dad," Yoongi's brow furrowed cutely. "Or his uncle. I know he mentioned he was going to check in with them today." 

We both turned away from the window, letting out simultaneous sighs. Yoongi glanced over to me and raised an eyebrow; I just shrugged in response. 

"So, what did you do today?" I asked feeling surprisingly comfortable being alone with Yoongi. He seemed much less threatening when it was just the two of us, and I wasn't worried about being murdered by kidnappers. 

"I went to class, worked on a song, and finished an essay," Yoongi leaned his head back once more, resting it on the back of the couch. "I wanted to get in a nap before dinner, but Jimin called, and now I'm here instead." 

I hummed in response and nodded. Letting my eyes wander around my living room, I noticed that I needed to dust. I made a mental note that I needed to finish alphabetizing my bookcase. 

"What did you do today?" There was distinct hint of distaste in his tone that let me know he wasn't fond of small talk. 

"I took a nap. Woke up about 20 minutes before you showed up." 

Yoongi let out a huff and slouched down on the couch. 

"Oddly enough, I was exhausted when I got home. I can't imagine why," I deadpanned, my words dripping with sarcasm. 

I jumped at the sound of a car door slamming shut. It was soon followed by heavy footfalls stomping their way up to my front door. 

Jimin didn't bother knocking. Instead, he burst through the front door and closed it roughly behind him. 

"Hyung," Jimin nodded to Yoongi, and slipped off his shoes. His shoulders were tense and he was clenching his jaw. Jimin gave me a wide berth as he made his way across the living room to take a seat in the arm chair. 

"Hey," I gave Jimin a small wave. He averted his eyes. 

"Hey."

Oh, cool. We're super awkward now. Great. 

"Yoongi said you wanted to talk to me?" I tried to make eye contact, but Jimin avoided my gaze with ease. 

"Yeah," Jimin mumbled, his eyes focused on the floor. 

Yoongi cleared his throat loudly in an obvious attempt to get Jimin's attention. It didn't work. 

"Yah! Park Jimin!" Yoongi groaned. "Just apologize to her already. I want to go home." 

Jimin sighed and ran a hand through his hair. Shifting in his seat, he ran his hand through his hair two more times. He was struggling. 

"I'm sorry, Y/n," he began. "I put you and everyone else at risk by making you change. I would also like to apologize for this morning. I should have shown more self restraint." Jimin glanced up making brief eye contact with me before his gaze dropped back to the floor.

Was that really so hard to say? What a drama queen.

"Apology accepted." I glanced at Yoongi who just rolled his eyes and shrugged. 

As if steeling himself for a debate, Jimin sat up straight and squared his shoulders. He took a deep breath and rolled his neck. 

"My uncle announced to The Council today that he has named me the new heir to The Park Family. He and my father met with your father, Y/n." Jimin's eyes locked on mine, but it was as if he was staring through me, talking to the wall behind me. "Your father was told that we've met. He did not agree to the two year engagement, and has insisted that the wedding happen within the year." 

"What?!"