Lyric Fic: Traitor!Kaminari X Traitor!Jiro

Yes, I do lyric fics/songfics. Requests are still open, per ALWAYS ;) This is how I like to do them, it may be different than how other authors write lyric fics/songfics.

Warning for violence, death.

Original Song: Interlude IV (Showtime) by Zach Callison and Grace Rolek

I'm actually not a Steven Universe fan (sorry) but I love this song. Names and pronouns changed to fit fic.

Blood spilled across the pavement. The shorter killer held the body in her arms, blood on her dress. Her hair, dark purple, fell in her eyes, close to equally as dark.

"We're finally free"   She whispered to the person across from her, holding the knife.  His eyes were wide and he stared at the blood on his hands, almost in disbelief that he killed someone. She removed her hands from the boy's neck, his skin somehow both pale and blushed, his green hair matted to his neck with sweat. "Welcome home. It's just you and me now, standing alone."

Denki Kaminari's bloodshot yellow eyes shot up to Kyoka Jiro.

"The world is ours." She said, almost sarcastic. "We did it. We killed him."

"No it isn't."  His voice wavered, guilt shaking his physical being.

"Get in the car" Jiro's tone soured.  "We need to get out of here before we're seen or the heroes come."

"This isn't finished..." Kaminari didn't budge.

"...What?" 

"Even though the kid's dead, I'm still seeing red."  Denki viciously wiped away tears, throwing the knife on the concrete, the metal clinking against the ground.

"You're covered in blood Denki, please. It's everywhere. You used a goddamn knife. We need to go!" She lied Izuku Midoriya's lifeless body down, standing up, her thin frame shaking as panic rose in her tone, but she audibly swallowed, calming herself down.

"I'm just a shell of his form that his innocence shed." He growled. "He never did anything to anyone. He just wanted to be the top hero."

"Denki, you had to do it. You had to." His girlfriend tried to plead with him. "He lived a good life and he gave it to you!"

"Oh is that right? You know it's not true!" He laughed, face in his hands. "Kid was quirkless! He was such a good person ...he never did anything to anyone." Kaminari repeated. "I know I had to, but I didn't! I could've just done something else! Look at him showered in blood and flowers..." 

It was sick, how the blood swirled around his body to look like roses.

"Now look in my eyes! He still holds the power! After years and tears, and confronting his fears, he's dead on his record for the world to hear... and they'll all think that it was suicide, but Kyoka I know it was you inside!" Kaminari's voice was rising, angrier and angrier. Jiro looked offended and appalled.

"I saved him! I held him 'til the moment he died!"  She argued, tears streaming down her dirt caked face.

"You choked him out of his own God damn mind!"

Kyoka stared at her bloody hands and down at the bruises on Deku's neck, falling silent as if she just realized what she did.

"You promised the world to him, a god damn lie!" Kaminari continued to yell at her, and she covered her ears, crying.