Dancing With A Villain

This was featured in Teffeneh's Our Authors book
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    In the dusty, dull room, a dancer spun. Her hair billowed out around her head just like her black ballet skirt around her waist. She paused, gently lifting her leg, leaning forward daintily. The cloudy mirror in front of her reflected her stature as she danced. Dried tears were frozen in time on her flushed cheeks, leaving faint black streams of makeup behind. She leaped and spun, emotionless, like a doll. Trying to get the emotions out if her, so she could be empty again. A marionette. Which was basically what she was all the time, since joining them.

    Was I not good enough, All Might? Was it because I was quirkless? What does that damned Midoriya kid have that I don't? Why...why did you betray me?

    She paused again, her heels together and the top of her feet far apart, watching herself in the mirror. The top of the glass was shattered, along with a spiderweb crack that ran across it, exactly where her face reflected. Her bright eyes were deformed in the cracks, as well as her hair, which now appeared messy and dark. She lifted her arms, making a bowling motion, hinging at the hips, before launching into another routine. Hatred filled her at herself, a deep-seeded self-hate brought to her by her father, but she tried to ignore it with each movement her body made.

    "Y/N," A raspy voice came from behind her, and she whipped around to see Tomura Shigaraki standing in the doorway. He didn't have "Father" on his face, so his intense red eyes bore into her face.

    "Tomura." Y/N replied simply, like she wasn't dressed in an old ballet costume with tear stains on her face. She even managed a smile. Tomura shook his head, stepping into the empty room. The bar was busy downstairs, Y/N could hear Toga shrieking and giggling and Twice goading her on. Tomura suddenly took her hand, spinning her around, making sure his pinky stayed off her skin so it didn't crumble beneath his touch.

           "How is it being in the League?" Tomura asked under his breath as he spun her around, his footwork slow. She met his eyes, confused.

         "Since when can you dance, Tomura?" Y/N returned his question with her own, almost accusingly, as his other hand dropped to her waist, again, keeping one finger up. She blushed at their sudden closeness, and her feet involuntarily began moving beneath them as her muscle memory kicked in.

       "I'm full of surprises," His voice said in her ear.

       "Or, you know, Toga taught you. Or Dabi. Can he dance?" Y/N joked, trying to distract herself. Tomura suddenly spun her out, then back again, gently along his arm. Her leg circled behind her and she turned, delicately falling back. He caught her, and dipped her back slightly, before lifting her again. Her retook her hand and they swayed together in unison, to nonexistent music. The hand on her waist tightened her closer, their chests closer now, their faces inches away from one another.

     "How's the League?" Tomura repeated, his eyes level with hers.

     "Strangely, fine." Y/N lied, but Tomura scoffed, lifting his hand off her waist to touch her right cheek with his index finger.

    "Then why were you crying?"

     Y/N ignored him, her arms shifting up onto his shoulders. Both of his fell back to her waist. Despite their similar ages, she was much smaller than Tomura.

    "You aren't having second thoughts, no?" He asked, his voice razor-sharp. "Because..." His fingers trailed up her bare arm. "You know we'd have to kill you, right? And I don't want to do that." Y/N shuddered. She did understand, she would do the same to a runaway, but it was that Shigaraki didn't want to kill her. She nodded.

   "I know why you were crying, Y/N." Shigaraki told her. "Your dad betrayed you...and I hate him as well." He brushed her hair away from her face. "We'll take him down together, huh?"

   "How can you stand to be near me?" She asked quietly, her footwork slow and matching Tomura's now. "Nana is your grandmother after all." Tomura's face hardened.

   "How did you know that?" He asked, his words sounding dangerous.

   "I heard you say your name the other day...Tenko..." Y/N couldn't help but glance uncomfortably away.

   "So call me that then." Tomura murmured. "Tenko Shimura."

   "Okay, Tenko." Y/N replied, a small smile gracing her face.

   "They betrayed you, Y/N. You were quirkless, so they threw you away. They didn't love you." Tenko said harshly. She met his eyes, alarmed. "They didn't even know their own daughter. You." He caressed her cheek gently. "You belong here. With the League. With... me." Y/N found herself staring at his chapped lips, which suddenly didn't seem so bad.

  "With you..?" She asked, noticing their faces inching closer. Their lips brushed.

  "With me." He whispered before pressing his lips against hers fully, his hands going to the back of her neck, one finger on each crossed over his others to prevent activating his quirk. She froze, her eyes wide whereas his stayed closed, but she found herself kissing the blue haired man back, and let her eyelids flutter shut. After a moment, he pulled away first, smirking, and running a finger along her lips. He turned, releasing her, and began to walk out of the room.

  "Wait! Tenko..." Y/N blurted. He turned his head slightly, looking at her. "Could we maybe do this again..?" Her cheeks were red.

  "Sure, Y/N Yagi." Tenko  answered, a malicious smile on his face. "But be careful, 'Daughter Of Peace'...You're dancing with a villain." He left, leaving the woman alone in the dark room.

   She ran her own fingertips across her lips, dumbfounded. She looked back in the mirror, and didn't see All Might's daughter, the quirkless drain on society, she saw Y/N. The villain. A part of The League Of Villains, a woman rather than a girl. She knew she was imagining it, but it was almost like she could still feel Tenko's lips on hers, or his hands on her hips. Her heart pounded and she found herself laughing. Out loud.

    Why did I compare myself to him for so long..? He threw me away! Even though he was born quirkless, I'm still trash to my own father! You never saw me take my first steps, never heard me speak my first words, never saw me dance...I lived alone and was abused in a crappy side-street orphanage until I was eighteen and you're raising a stranger to be your next holder of One For All? Was I too weak for you?

    Y/N stepped daintily forwards, placing her palm on the dirty glass of the mirror, her laughter dying into giggles.

     You broke me, Father...and once we're done with your students tomorrow at their stupid training camp, especially Izuku Midoriya...I'll dance on your grave.

    She spun away from the glass and landed on her knees on the dirty floor.

    I was broken, but now...I understand. Not all men are created equal. Not everyone's lives matter. It was all about you for so long...so what will happen to our world when the Symbol Of Peace finally falls?