Chapter 2

Your P.O.V.:

"Hey girls! What took you so long?" he said shouting over the music.

"Well Y/N is a very slow driver so this is not on my part," Taylor giggled pointing towards you.

"Ha, ha, is that true?" you said with a playful annoyance in your voice.

Jaden brought you into hug after greeting Taylor.

"I'm glad you decided to come," he said in your ear.

You have him a shy smile. As you took in your surroundings you noticed there were quite bit of people some you knew and some you didn't. You were second guessing to yourself agreeing to come here in the first place and the promise you had just made Taylor earlier. You turned around to say something to Taylor but realized she was aready dragged by Jaden into the swarm of sweaty teens dancing. Given a slight sigh you make your way to the side bar that was set up pulling out a seat and climbing onto it.

"Hey Y/N,"

"Hey Travis your working the bar tonight?" you asked.

"Yep what do you think?" he said giving you model pose with the shaker.

"You always have put on a show," you said laughing at his actions.

Before you could even ask he started making you a drink as he already knew what you wanted.

"How have you been?" he asked with slight concern in his face as he passed you your drink.

God I am so tired of these questions of if I am ok or not. Obviously I haven't been myself but so what I just need some space and I wanna be alone. What is wrong with that?

"I am fine you guys don't need to keep asking," you ask hoping he will drop the conversation.

"I know but we are all just worried..."

"I'm gonna find Taylor," you say chugging the rest of your drink and walking away.

You could here Travis yelling your name. But you were to angry and annoyed to go back and to be hounded with more question on why I'm depressed and down. Also how I haven't been myself. I've heard it so many times it was just starting to get old. As you were looking for Taylor in the crowd you noticed a girl sitting on the couch alone just watching everyone else. For some reason you had the urge to go talk to her so you walked over and plopped down right beside her.

"This not your thing either?"

She turned to look at you and gave you a smirk. She had long black hair and piercing green eyes. Her eyes taking over all of your thoughts and emotions and focusing them all on this beautiful mystery girl.

"Hello?" she said as she snapped you out of your thoughts.

"S-s-orry?" you asked as you couldn't recall a single word she has said because of her astounding beauty.

"I said not really," she said with a little giggle.

God if I don't leave this girl is gonna kill me and I don't even know her name. But you couldn't move if you wanted to you were cemented into your seat as you looked into her eyes. Before you were about to go mute for the second time you replied.

"Same," giving a shy smile while looking at the ground to avoid her eyes.

You could tell she was still staring at you and probably with confusion because with your social skills right now it is nothing impresive.

"Then what's your reason being here?" she asked still staring at you.

"I made a promise that I shouldn't have," you said suprsingly bringing more confidence in yourself.

"And what's that?"

Trying to avoid the question because you know it would lead to more that you wouldn't want to answer.

"What is your reason being here?" you asked bringing your eyes to her as your breathe hitches as your eyes make contact.

She gives a slight glare but responds.

"My friends are here so I came rather than being home alone and much like you I regret my decision, but you didn't answer my question," she said with a sly smirk raising her eyebrow.

Thinking if you should run from this conversation or stay you made the decison unconsiouslly and spilled out. You started with telling her how Ryan cheated on you and how you've been feeling latley. While saying these things you don't even realize how much you were spilling until you finished telling her your promise with Taylor. You realized how much you just spilled out and kind of just sat there in chock. You have never vented to someone like that spilling out my guts to someone like that. I swear it's this girls eyes. But there was something about her that made you feel safe almost and willing to spill every secret and every thought on your mind

"Shit," the mystery girl whispers just loud enough for you to hear.

"I'm sorry," you blurt out for telling her all your problems and just thowing them on her like that.

"Don't be sorry for having feelings," she said grabbing both my hands.

With this little touch my breathe hitched again. She stared into your eyes for a while before speaking again.

"Lauren," she stated.

"What?" you asked in a bit of confusion.

"My name," she said laughing.

I don't even think she has a clue how overwhelmed with her being I am. She took my breathe away and when I looked into her eyes my mind never gave me enough time to process what was actually going on.

"Oh... Y/N my names Y/N," you say looking at the ground again nervouse to what will come out of your mouth if you do look into her eyes.

She lifted you chin and the touch of her skin making your heart stop and your face to flush.

"Wanna get out of here?" Lauren asked smiling hopingly into your eyes

"Yes."