Chapter 3 | Reckless

"How was your first day of school?" Vanesa asked us as Stephen and I walked through the door. I sighed while setting my bag on the floor, walking into the kitchen and sitting down in a chair at the counter. "Make any friends?"

Stephen walked to the fridge,"I made some friends. They're all pretty cool." He grabbed a can of coke before opening it, taking a sip. "I think I'm going to like it here."

"Good!" Vanesa said before turning to me, asking me the same question. "Did you make any friends?"

"Nope," I said while putting my head in my hands. "Well, I did make one or two friends."

"Who?" My adoptive mother asked. She leaned closer to me, a smile etched across her face.

I leaned back a little,"Kira. I don't know what her last name is though."

"It's Yukimura," Stephen said while sitting next to me, coke in hand. "I asked around."

I raised an eyebrow. "You like her, don't you?"

He sipped his coke. "No..."

"Oh come on. The only friend I actually make, you have to have a crush on?" I said as Vanesa laughed slightly.

"Who do you have a crush on?" He snapped back to me. My cheeks turned red as I looked down.

"No one," I said before Stephen smiled.

"Liar," he said, taking another sip of his coke. "You like someone."

"Fine," I said, giving in to him. "I like that kid in my grade named Stiles Stilinski."

"Stiles Stilinski?" Stephen said, almost laughing. "What kind of name is that?"

I glared at him."It's unique."

"It's stupid," he fired back at me. I was about to fire back another comment, but I kept it to myself. I didn't want to start a fight.

I bit my cheek,"Anyways..." I said while turning back to Vanesa. "What's for dinner tonight?"

"I was thinking we go out for dinner," she said while smiling. I nodded my head as Stephen nodded his head also, his tongue hanging out of his mouth.

"Can we have Mexican?" I asked.

"No, Italian," Stephen argued.

I rolled my eyes,"We had that last time."

"Sarah is right," Vanesa agreed. "Mexican it is."

"Yes," I said while winking at Stephen. He shot me a glare before Vanesa continued.

"But," she said while leaning back,"You both have to bring a friend. I want to meet them."

I sighed while Stephen smiled. "Fine with me," he said while hopping down from the counter top.

"Who am I supposed to bring?" I said.

Stephen grabbed his coke. "Bring Kira. Or you can bring this really cool brunette I met today."

"Kira it is," I said while grabbing my phone, pulling up Kira's contact name. Stephen rolled his eyes. "Who are you bringing?"

He sipped his coke. "Maybe this kid I met named Tyler. He was pretty cool. Or I could bring Scott."

"Bring Scott," I pleaded. "He's the only guy I know that you're friends with."

"Whatever," he said as I texted Kira. She replied to me in a snap, agreeing to come to dinner. I smiled at my phone before glancing at my clock, seeing that it was almost 3:30.