Chapter 5

~3 years later~

"We wish you a merry Christmas. We wish you a merry Christmas. We wish you a merry Christmas and a happy New Y-"

I slammed my hand on the alarm clock that I never bothered to change a year ago. I sat up from my bed and looked at myself in the mirror. My eyes weren't black right now, but I knew they would turn black later today. Ever since I was in the hospital so many years ago, my eyes would constantly change colors, black to brown. There was so no actual pattern for my eyes, so I had to wear contacts or sunglasses all the time.

I slowly made my way downstairs to eat breakfast. I saw Jayden and Jenna sitting at the table, eating breakfast lazily. I sat in the seat next to Jenna.

"Morning."

"Yeah sure," she said.

"Where's mom?" I asked. Usually my mom was awake making breakfast for everyone.

"Read the note on the table," Jenna said.

I left early for work. I'll be back early tonight. I have to tell something to Reece. Eat cereal and have fun at school!
    -Mom

I scoffed. Like anyone's going to have fun at school.

After eating some cereal, I went to my room.  After quickly taking a shower, brushing my teeth, and hair I started to head downstairs. Ross, Allan, and Jayden were downstairs watching TV, my sister probably still getting ready.

"Hey," I said as I was walking downstairs. Nobody answered. I smacked Ross on the back of his head. "I said hey!"

"Ok. Gosh no need to smack people," Ross said.

"Ready?" I asked him.

"For what?" he asked.

"What else idiot, to go on a journey to the center of the Earth? To go to school of course!" I said. Stupid I thought.

"Oh yeah, I'm ready," he said.

"Ok then, let's go. Jayden, come on," I called to Jayden.

"Bye Jenna!" I called. I grabbed my backpack and ran to the car. My older brother, Allan, driving.

~After School(Who wants details anyways?)~

I quickly finished my homework and went to eat dinner. My mom said she was coming early, so I just watched some TV to entertain myself.

About an hour later, my mom came home.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked.

"About that..." my mom said.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What did Reece's mom want to talk about?

Thank you guys so much for the reads!
It means a lot to me.
I honestly didn't think people would read my book.

Hope you liked Chapter 5 of That Shadow!

Comment
Vote
And Follow

Instagram- @lee.kaylee

-disgustungme