Chapter Uno

"Hi Reece," a girl walking up too me said in a mocking tone. I knew that she was was in 8th grade, as I was in 7th. But although she was only a year older than me, she was at least a head taller than me.

As I looked up at her she continued,"You know it's rude to not answer a greeting, right?" she said. Her eyes went wide with curiosity.

"Yeah, I guess," I said still unsure why she was even talking to me. Let alone having somewhat of a conversation.

"Then why didn't you answer me when you knew not saying anything would be rude?" she asked and I could tell that she was getting annoyed.

Ignoring her question, I asked why she was talking to me.

She answered with one of those, "I don't have an actual answer, so I'm going to answer with something dumb."

"Because I wanted to. Duh," she said, as if I was suppose to know her answer.

"Ok then, you know what, I'm just gonna leave and you can talk about me behind my back, cool?" I said clearly not getting what she was trying to do. I walked away still confused why she was talking to me and how she knew my name. I mean I know that a lot of people know me, sure. But she was an 8th grader and I was a 7th, so I don't know why she even gave me the time of day.

"Hey! I was still talking to you," she screamed at me, now it was clear that she wanted to take my head off.

"That's the reason why I left," is what I wanted to say, but kept myself from doing so.

"Why are you even talking to me?"

"Because, I saw you talking to Cole," she said. Cole is my science partner, so of course I would talk to him! We're doing a project together and were given the ability to speak, so yeah why not I just talk to him?

"Yeah and your point is?" I answered annoyed that she's wasting my time to be at home enjoying the only freedays of the week.

"He doesn't like you," my eyes widened. That's what she wanted to tell me. Ok then, everyone a hand for this girl who just told me that my science partner doesn't like me. Does she think that I care?

"So stay away from him. He's mine," she continued blabbering.

To be honest I really couldn't care less about him liking me or not. I think of him as a friend. A boy-friend, as in he's a boy and also my friend. Cole is actually a pretty funny, so why try to ruin it with a relationship?

"I'm older than you, so you have to do what I say!" she screamed at me. Yeah, so is my brother, not like I clean that dishes when he tells me too.

"Look Cole's my science project partner, so it's not like I can't talk to him? And just because I'm working with him in a project doesn't mean that I like him!" I said trying to set things straight with this lunatic.

Then she did something that I thought only happened in movies. She slapped me. And God can this girl slap.

She first looked victorious, with her head held high, but when she looked at me she gasped, in horror. And she was looking directly into my eyes, frozen. After that I felt a searing pain in my head. I heard voices coming from all around; screeching voices so high it hurt. "Your ours now. Let the fear take you. The pain is good," I heard, then Was quickly developed in darkness.

No pain. No anger. No calmness. Nothing.

I felt nothing. I saw nothing. I thought nothing. I couldn't make out anything.

I felt nothing for hours, I thought. Until I found the hidden strength to open my eyes. To see a mirror.

Oh. My. God.