Chapter ThREe

I'm a mutant.

I'm a mutant.

I'm a mutant.

I'm a freakin mutant.

If Jayden wasn't lieing, how come he didn't freak out like that 8th grader did?

I walked out of the bathroom and back into my hospital room.

"Told you I was telling the truth," Jayden said in his usual mocking tone.

"Oh shut up. It's what, your first time doing it?" I said back.

"It's my second!" Jayden said back like the idiot he is.

"Hey Jayden, why didn't you freak out about me being a mutant like everybody else will and did?" I asked being seriousness now.

"Because, I'm a mutant too," Jayden said quietly.

"Excuse me?"

"I can access the past as if I'm there," he said embarrassed.

"That's, cool. So you can like talk to the people of the past and stuff?" I asked starting to catch onto what he was trying to explain to me.

"Exactly. I'm not sure if it'll make a difference in the present though. I've never tried it before," Jayden said.

Jayden left my room after explaining his power. I thought it was cool. He thought it was useless.

I was about to ask if we're the only mutant in the family, but I decided not to.

Throughout the day I didn't get any visitors. Only Jayden, but I didn't mind. Not like I was paying much attention anyway. All I could think about was what I could do.

I can't be a hundred percent sure that I can even can do anything. I mean I could just have black eyes for all I know, but I still wonder.

I fell asleep around 11 at night. I woke up to a man holding my eye open and shining a bright light in it.

"Excuse me?" I said, obviously confused.

"Your eyes surely are magnificent," the man complimented me, I think.

"Thanks," I said unsure. My eyes closed slightly due to the bright light. Suddenly his eyes widened and he dropped the small flashlight.

"Dude, can you ummm, not do-"

"woah," I said cutting myself off.

I suddenly found myself in a tiny house. I saw the man that was inspecting my eyes in the hospital, along with a little girl and woman. Probably his wife and kid. It seemed like they were enjoying themselves until a man dressed in black opened the door harshly and brought a gun out of his pocket.

"I want all of your jewelry!" he screamed loudly with a hoarse voice.

When nobody moved he shot the man's wife.

She dropped in the ground in what seemed to me like slow motion. My eyes widened in the sudden action

"Oh my god!" I screamed and ran towards him.

I ran right through the burglar.

"What in the world?" I said aloud looking at my hands as if they didn't belong to me.

There was nothing for me to do. All I could do was stand and watch the man's family be torn apart in front of his eyes.

Never knew that I could feel so helpless.

***************************************

Kind of short chapter... Sorry

Note: I'm not very sure when the X-men will be coming onto the story. I just know that they'll be somewhere.

Note again: Sorry about the bad chapter, I hope as I grow as a writer they will improve :)

And what I really want to say is thank you for the reads. I am so immensely thankful that people take the time out of their day to read,

COMMENT

VOTE

FOLLOW

and keep being your amazing self

-disgustungme