Chapter 13 - Homecoming

Começar do início

"Actually, I have somewhere to be. But we will dance in a bit, alright?"

I smiled, happy that she was leaving. "Ok! Bye!"

Her eyebrows furrowed at my happiness but nonetheless, she walked away.

When I got over to the punch bowl, I noticed one of my close friends sitting down at one of the circular tables with a random blonde chick on his lap.

He glanced around the room but stopped when he saw me. "Aye, James!"

I grabbed my punch. "Grant!"

"What the fuck is up, my guy?" He patted the seat next to him, suggesting that I come sit down.

I sat down and looked at the girl then back at him. "Where's your girlfriend?"

Grant Tanners is hands down the biggest player to walk the Earth. He is known for it, but at least he lives up to his reputation, unlike me, who is falsely accused of being a player.

I'm not suprised girls' love him. He is the definition of a surfer with beach blonde hair and brown freckles and ocean blue eyes.

"I don't know, dude. Hey, do you want me to set you up with some hot brunette babes? I found some last week when I was surfing at Cloudy Rock Beach."

"I'm not into just hooking up, Grant. I at least like to get to know a girl first and see if there's more to it then just a hook up and leave."

I watched as Grant ran his large, veiny hand down the girls thigh, then squeezed.

"Then what do you like dude?"

I thought about Scarlett, but I haven't told him about her yet. I've only told Jackson, my bestest friend of all time.

"Just...nevermind." I sighed, wondering where the hell Scarlett even was.

Is she with Ian? Do you think they're late because they're...

No. Don't think like that.

I stood up. "You have fun with your...", I looked at the girl, "...toy. I'm going to go find Jackson."

Grant gave me a thumbs up then instantly locked his lips with the girl.

I found it disgusting that he cheated on his girlfriend all the time. If I had a girlfriend, I would never do something like that.

If you're not ready for a relationship, then you shouldn't date. Grant was too immature for one but ends up having one anyways.

They were no longer playing the Waltz. Instead it was pop music that made you want to get out of your seat and jump up and down with joy. Personally, I wasn't in the mood for jumping.

"Hey!" Juliet ran towards me. I noticed her lipstick was smeared a little bit.

Pfft, her and Grant would be perfect together.

"Where have you been?" I asked, pretending I was oblivious to the fact that she just hooked up with someone.

"Well, my friend wanted to show me something in her car and we just sat there for a while."

I took a sip of my punch and looked up at the entrance. "Mhm, sounds like-''

The palace doors opened slowly, and in walked Ian, Scarlett, Cassidy and Chase.

My eyes locked on Scarlett.

Captivating was an understatement. She completely took my breath away.

Her light brown skin glistened under the light of the chandelier, making her glow as if she was a star. Her dark brown braids were parted half-up, half-down, showing off her perfectly sculpted face. Even from the staircase, I could see her highlight which toned her cheeks. She looked alluring in her short, tight black dress. Glitter sparkled on every inch of the dress. Unlike Juliet's, Scarlett's dress was long-sleeved, which I thought was way more attractive.