Chapter 11: Shatter

Start from the beginning

"Father I wish to watch," She spoke politely. Rasa narrowed his eyes, ready to speak to his daughter rather harshly before Hiruzen spoke kindly.

"Why not? She's to be a shinobi soon, correct? The finals will give her something to expect." Rasa practically growled at Hiruzen's interference but conceded as he motioned for his daughter to sit next to him. 

"You will be quiet, Temari." He demanded, getting a nod from his daughter as she watched the two teams clash. 

"That blonde boy looks familiar," Onoki commented as he narrowed his eyes at the boy. "The one from Konoha, he almost looks like. . ." 

"I thought you were going to beat us easily?" Izumi taunted as she easily dodged the Suna Genin's attacks, working with her sword to block kunai and shuriken that were being hurled at her from several directions, her Sharingan effortlessly tracking them all, her eyes darting across the arena. 

"Shut up and die!" One of them roared as they rushed Izumi, only to be kicked in the temple by Itachi, knocking him out immediately.

"You should pay attention to your surroundings," Itachi commented before his three tomoed Sharingan activated as he met one of the Suna Genin's eyes, immediately casting a genjutsu that put the teen to sleep, the genin falling to the dirt. 

"Woah, you almost got me!" Naruto said, laughing as he dodged left and right as the Suna Genin tried to desperately hit him with a wind sword. 

"Be quiet and just die!" He cried out, noticing that his two teammates were down for the count. "I won't fail!"

"I feel bad," Naruto said as he jumped over the Genin. "I feel like I'm toying with you, it wasn't my intention. Can you just surrender?" 

"Never!" He shouted only for Naruto to disappear in a blur, appearing right behind the teen as he chopped his neck, the Suna Genin crumpling to the ground.

"Winner! Team Shisui!" 

Killing intent swirled off of the Tsuchikage, Hiruzen looking at the man wearily. 

"What's wrong, Onoki?" Ay asked, almost angrily. He was causing the civilians to start cowering in fear. 

"Namikaze," He growled as he glared at Naruto. 

"Ah, so he's Minato's brat. Interesting," Rasa commented as he looked at Naruto with interest. "Don't do anything rash, Onoki. You need to rid yourself of this petty grudge?" 

"Petty?" Onoki seethed, glaring at Rasa now. "Minato Namikaze decimated half of my village's manpower! And now his son is here without a care in the world!" 

"I suggest you calm down," Hiruzen stated calmly. "You will do nothing to harm that boy, his father entrusted his safety to me, and I will do everything in my power to keep him safe and alive." 

"And if I do?" Hiruzen glanced at Onoki, who was glaring at the Hokage now. 

"Then the other half of your forces will be reduced to nothingness." He said seriously, his killing intent being focused on Onoki, who now had a hard time breathing. 

"Is that a threat?" He got out.

"A promise," Hiruzen assured. 

"Enough of this!" Ay shouted. "We will continue these exams. Onoki, you are to do nothing to that boy! And Hiruzen, calm yourself!" 

"Why are you defending him?" Onoki hissed. "This is the son of the man that killed many of your shinobi as well!" The Raikage took a deep breath, closing his eyes.