22.

Kj

I rode in silence back to the clinic where dad was. It's some weird shit going on and I had so many questions.

"Just because they let you go. Don't think this shit is over." Big D said from the drivers seat.

"Hell no it's not" grandad grumbled.

"I just wanna know why they got me and not D.C." I said looking out the window

"Good question. Now you thinking. You're homie was in that picture too so he should've been right there with you" Big D said

"Maybe he was next to be picked up" grandad said

"Maybe. But how would they know where I was?"

"Your mama 'nem said that someone seen y'all at the clinic and called Kim and Shawn." Big D said

"Ima kill that ho" I mumbled

Grandad laughed as we pulled up to the clinic.

"KJ!"

Mom ran out and jumped in my arms. I wrapped my arm around her waist and held her tight. I don't care, I'm truly a mama's boy. I'll admit it.

I kissed her cheek and wiped the tear daring to fall from her hazel eyes.

"Ma, please don't cry. I'm okay."

"I just can't picture losing you. Those jail visits aren't nothing nice. Just the thought of not being able to hold my son when I want to scares me."

I laughed lightly "ma, I'm not leaving. Everything good."

She smiled and nodded. "Come on in. Your dad is awake and well."

I walked in the clinic with Big D and grandad behind me. Grandma stood in the waiting room with her arms crossed over her chest and a scowl on her face. She seen me and smiled softly. I walked over to her and gave her a hug.

"Everything good grandma?"

She placed her small hand on my cheek. "Boy. I should be asking you that. You the one that was in jail with all them punks" she smirked

"Grandma, really?"

She chuckled "Just fuckin-witcha" she mimicked my slang

I laughed "damn, grandma. You cold." I walked off and headed to my dad's room.

Everything got quiet when I walked in.

"Son"

I walked over to my dad and grabbed his hand.

"Pops"

We looked into each other eyes. I shared my dad's same hazel eyes.

"You good? I asked

"Yeah, Nothing I cant handle." He chuckled "did they put they hands on you?"

"Just a lil slap. I'm thinking about pressing charges."

"NO" Dax commanded "we don't need any legal attention. I'll pay off someone on the inside to rid of them."

I nodded in understanding.

"Listen Kj. I need you to start making better choices. We don't need any attention pointed towards us" he paused "are you strapped right now?"

I lifted my hoodie showing him my glock.

"How you get that past the police?" He asked

"Always keep that iron on me" I smirked

He shook his head and laughed "boy you hell. Just be careful. You know since that incidence a war is about to start."

"Definitely. I have some of the Elites outside keeping guard on you Kevin and your house. But for now, we have to go take care of business." Grandad said placing a hand on my shoulder.

I really didn't want to leave my dad but I understood.

"We love you Kj" Kari and Safarii said hugging me.

"Yeah! We didn't know you sale drugs and shit.. I mean, stuff now. So are you like a next in line Mafia King?"

Grandad chuckled "that's right. So you girls are going to have to straighten up. Think smart. Listen to your parents. No sneaking out. Everything from here on out is about actions and consequences."

"That's right. It's not the life we want for y'all but it's in our blood. And one day y'all are going to be the Mafia Queens." Dad said

"Fine with me. Because I plan on kicking Kim's ass." Safarii said shocking everyone.

"What?" She looked around "no one messes with my family"

I smiled. That's the confident Safarii we always knew was there.