19.

"I love you too"

Mom stopped in her tracks.

"Did he just?" Safarii mumbled

"DOCTOR!!" Grandma yelled running out the room

I was stuck in my seat. I couldn't move..

Grandma walked back in with Dr. Broussard on her tail.

"He spoke! Oh my God!" Grandma cried with her hand over her mouth.

"I'm sorry, but I can assure you that Mr. Gaulden WAS dead" Dr. Broussard said walking over to dad. He grabbed his stethoscope and placed the diaphragm over his chest "there's no—"  his face turned a pale white and his mouth dropped open.

"Think again motherfucker" dad mumbled

Everyone gasped.

"Daddy!" Safarii ran over in his arms. I rolled my eyes irritated with her very existence right now.

Everyone walked over and hugged dad before Dr. Broussard pushes everyone out the room.  I seen a couple nurses run down the hall as we stood outside the room.

"Thank you God!" Mom cried.

My heart fluttered at the thought of dad being okay.

"I'm so glad dad is okay" my eyes shot open at the sound of Safarii's voice.

"BITCH! Shut the fuck up!" I yelled

"Kari!" Mom whisper-yelled

"No mom, think about it, how did the police know to pick  KJ up here?"

Mom looked taken back. "No, Safarii.. you wouldn't?" Mom asked

"Oh yeah mom believe Kari like always! Take her side, I'm the black sheep of the family anyways right? You don't even acknowledge my existence! My birthday was yesterday and NO ONE EVEN REMEMBERED!" Safarii yelled walking off

Mom gasped "oh my gosh I completely forgot. Safarii, come back!" Mom walked off to follow her.

I rolled my eyes then looked at grandma who had a eyebrow raised staring off at the direction Safarii walked off to.

"She never denied it." Grandma said

"What?"

She looked at me "she never denied calling the police."

I sighed and shook my head

"If I find out your sister had anything to do with this.. I'm beating her ass. Personally."

"Not before me" I said

Everyone knows how close me and KJ are. Yeah, we fight a lot but NO ONE fucks with him but me.

Sister or not, Safarii definitely got hers coming.