20.

PATIENCE🖤

Tears stained my cheek again. Tears for Kevin, tears for Safarii, tears for my only son KJ, and tears for life period. So much has been going on that I even forgot about Safarii's birthday. I felt like a horrible mother. Just like I was a horrible mother to Heaven.

I walked over to Safarii noticing her sitting on the sidewalk outside.
"Safarii, I'm sorry baby. It's just been a lot going on with your dad." I said wrapping my arms around her

"Y'all never notice me. I have no relationship with my own sister and brother. Now even my own mother pays no attention to me. I just want daddy, he's the only one that truly loves me." She cried. My heart broke into a million pieces. How could my baby girl think I not love her?

"Baby, I love you soo much and I don't want you to ever think otherwise. Look at me" I lifted her chin so she was eye level with me "I carried you for 9 months. There's no way I would not love you. You are a part of me, Safarii."

She leaned into me crying.
"Kari Hates me."

"Your brother and sister love you, we all do." I sighed thinking back to what Safarii said "but there's something I have to ask you baby.."

She looked at me with her big dark brown eyes. I could look in her eyes and see fear. That confirmed her answer before I could even ask.

I took a deep breath "Baby I need you to be honest with me.. did you call the police on your brother and tell them where we are?"

She looked away and held her head down "y-yeah".

I stood up and pinched the bridge of my nose.