3.

PATIENCE

"Baby, where are you?"

"I'm on the way home now. Where you at?"

"I'm at the house.. with your favorite lingerie on.. waiting for you daddy."

"Mmmm. I'm already doing 75 in a 60 don't make me do 90. I'll take that damn ticket tonight." Kevin said

I laughed "take it then daddy.. I need you."

"Say no more" he hung up

I chuckled and checked my phone. I seen I had a message from Rich

Kari'sFather🙄: Patience.. can I please come get Kari? What you're doing isn't fair to me or here.

I quickly got out the message but a second later received another one..

Kari'sFather🙄: I can see you ignoring my messages Patience .. Your read receipt is turned on... 😒

Me: she says she doesn't want to see you Rich.

Thank God he didn't respond.

I know it's horrible of me to keep Rich away from Kari but I just want us all to be one happy family.. Without Rich being involved. I wish I could just erase the memories of me being with him away and replace it with Rich. But then that means Kari wouldn't be here and my kids mean the world to me. I was so overwhelmed with thoughts laid on the bed and decided to rest my eyes before Kevin came home.

I woke up to the sound of snoring and turned over to check my clock. 3:55am.
I palmed my forehead I fell asleep .. AGAIN. Me and Kevin haven't had sex in almost a month because we've both been so tired from work.

I felt strong arms wrap around me and I closed my eyes. I had a head to do at 6am.

I few short hours later my alarm went off. I opened my eyes to see Kevin laying on my chest.
"Can't you cancel all your appointments today?" He mumbled

"No babe. We need every penny."I said kissing his cheek

He sighed. Kevin owned a car dealership. He called himself trying to clean up his money, but we are losing more than we are gaining now. The dealership isn't making much money for our lifestyle.

"P.. I may have to step back into the cartel."

I sighed "Kevin.. after you had that coma and brain damage .. you promised me."

"I know what I said P.. but we are struggling. Look at us. You're working over time doing almost 30 heads a day just to keep up. Plus your pregnant. I can't have this. I'm a man, I'm supposed to provide."

"Kevin first of all, I'm not pregnant. And secondly NO, I can't afford to lose you like that again. I won't have it. When you finally woke up and didn't know who I was.. my heart broke. Thank God it was just temporary. But he did say another blow to your temporal lobe and you won't remember anything for good.. I just can't have that and I won't let my kids share that hurt. We love you too much." I said wrapping my short arms around him

"Mmm I love you my queen" he said kissing my lips "but I need you to take that pregnancy test today." He said pointing to a plastic bag on the night stand .. he really bought me a pregnancy test.

"Fine" I shrugged. "I'll take it when I get off. No problem."

He smirked "have a good day at work baby mama"

I rolled my eyes "Mhm, whatever. Bye"

I kissed his lips and walked out the house .. ready to start my long, strenuous day.