Chapter 49: Scorpio

Start from the beginning

"Ooh, how interesting, light attacks. Those do nothing against me, you know," the white-haired one confirmed her suspicions. It spoke with a playfulness, as if this was all sort of game for it. 

"Shut up!" Pisces screamed, casuing it to smile, before firing at him once again. Scorpio looked where he aimed, and signalled to the others attack. Sag nodded and shot white flames from her palms, and Taurus used black slabs of earth and hurled them in the direction, before causing them to explode.

As his earth exploded, the two demons also flew down onto the ground.

That means that anything that happens to the real ones, also happens to the fakes...

"I've got it," Taurus said, again clutching his shoulder.

"This is annoying!" The demon snarled, his eyes getting a white pattern on their irises, the two demons teleporting elsewhere.

"Don't look at the fakes. They mean nothing. They just show what the demons look like," Taurus said.

"If they're illusions and they teleport, doesn't that mean that the real ones teleported?" Scorpio asked.

"I don't know what the hell you guys are saying, I'm going to face those bastards!" Aries yelled in anger, running with his avatar active slashing at the illusions.

The demons looked at him pitifully, as if was a child who didn't understood how the world worked.

"Aries stop using your magic power for no reason!" Taurus demanded. Aries halted his avatar and fell back in line.

"What the hell is going on!?" He stamped his foot. "My sword keeps going through them!" 

"They're not illusions," Taurus said.

"What?" Scorpio raised an eyebrow, not understanding what he meant.

"They're - " he moved out of the way as a larger beam of light than anything Pisces had ever produced was fired at them.

Pisces didn't even say anything, but Taurus knew where to place a shield. None of them were hurt, but the shield exploded.

"What? How did he - " The demon glared at them malevolently, its irises getting white patterns again, its teeth getting sharper and sharper, looking more wolf than human.

"Scorpio wall of water, all around us, now!" Taurus commanded. She nodded and did what was asked.

"Tell us, how did you block the attack," Libra said. "And how do his illusions - "

"I told you, they're not illusions. They're perceptions. He just alters the way we see him - he can't teleport because he doesn't cast illusions. Every time we attack him, or he attacks us, if he used illusions, they wouldn't need to give away what he was doing or how he is dodging. But they do, so they're just a mirror image that are somewhere he's not. The reason Pisces can see him, is because he bends light to alter out perception. Pisces uses his light so he's immune to any sort of vision altering," Taurus explained hurriedly. "Understand?"

Scorpio nodded. "I got you."

Aries was more unsure. "I'm just gonna follow Pisces if that crap don't work on him."

"That's a good idea, for once," Taurus smirked. "We're gonna have to rely on him for this fight, and our other senses. Try to listen for them."

Aries nodded a little hesitantly. "I'll try, but maybe I should have gone with Berial hunting party ... " he sighed.

"Well, if worse comes to worse, then I've got the potions to turn the battle. I'd rather use them on Ifreet though," Taurus glanced at one of his pouches. Scorpio knew he was talking about the so-called 'gifts' Malus had given him. She didn't fully comprehend their power but they must've been immense if they could take down Berial or Ifreet.