Chapter 36: Aquarius

Thank you for 10k reads - it means so much to me! I hope I can update constantly for you all!!

It had been three weeks since they had said goodbye to Hypnos. Aquarius had no idea if he somehow managed to survive and they hadn't really left the Griffin guild since arriving there. Ryze knew where they were, as they had sent him letters by bird and Wayland had delivered some powerful new weapons to aid them.

During the course of their stay at the Griffin guild, they had had grown much stronger and had even properly fought demons on their own and their powers were improving at a serious rate. Still, Aquarius felt it wasn't enough to take down Ifreet and Berial.

They had stayed at the Griffin guild because they had no idea if Berial was looking for them or where he was. They didn't want to encounter him, until they had found Malus, the demon Hypnos told them to find. When they asked Ryze about it, he had simply said that Malus would aplear when he wanted to and without warning. It was pointless trying to find him, he looked for you, not the other way around. For now, they stayed at the Griffin guild but had plans to go back to Sleymon within the next few days. They needed a plan for Ifreet and Berial, with or without Malus.

As Aquarius eyed the castle as she approached it, she couldn't help but feel a little intimidated by it. It was larger than the one in Sleymon and was isolated, with nothing around it apart from forest, rivers and a large amount of mountains. Behind the castle was the sea that led out to open waters. It was difficult to get to the castle and you couldn't even see the damn thing unless you were near it. The only way to get there was if someone knew were it was, so Aries repeatedly joked that Leo was useful for the only time in his life.

She waited as they lowered the drawbridge and walked on it past the large moat, that apparently had carnivorous animals dwelled in it to kill all those who fell into the moat. Aquarius hadn't seen any, but Gemini had sworn that he had. As she looked into the clear water, she just saw her own reflection and not an sort of monster (yet Gemini always told her otherwise.)

The castle itself was elegant and had numerous narrow, square towers that reached enormous height and they were connected by strengthened, solid walls made of golden stone. Tall, wide windows (with some possessing mosaics) were scattered here and there around the walls in fairly symmetrical patterns, along with symmetric holes for archers and battlements going all around the castle. It also possessed a huge gate with massive wooden doors that opened for her. On the battlements on either side of the gate, she noticed two demonhunters with bow and arrows scanning the countryside, checking for anything out of the ordinary.

In the courtyard was statues of past demonhunters who had come from the Griffin guild were lined up in two rows, facing each other, serving as reminders of the past. The castle had been improved and improved over the ages, as some parts of the castle were clearly newer than others and from what Aquarius would gather, it was mainly the younger demonhunters who had done most of the work.

At the Griffin guild, there was only 8 demonhunters apart from themselves, including Leo's former teacher, Adonis and Helia, a friend of his who was from a faraway land. Aquarius was particularly fond of her emblem - it was of a Basilisk head. It looked like a lot like a cobra, but the demon possessed three necks that joined into one body, before becoming three tails. They were also gigantic and extremely venomous.

Although Aquarius thought it looked cool,  she hoped she would never have to face one in battle.

Aquarius walked towards Libra and Gemini, who were having a sparring match. Gemini was using his sword that Wayland had made for him. It possessed a small hilt that, had a blue jewel embedded in it and the hilt was silver in colour, the sword itself not longer, yet smaller than a normal sword. It was called a katana(?), she heard from him.