Chapter 43: Cancer

Cancer feared the worst as he spoke. She knew it could have killed them all whenever it wanted to. The fact that it froze the dragon and Evelyn was testament to it's power.

The demon looked like a normal human guy in all honesty, but Cancer knew there was nothing human about it. He possessed short black hair, cold obsidian eyes that seemed to stare right into Cancer's heart, viewing all her little secrets. If he wasn't a demon, she would have thought it cute, with its fair complexion, flawless skin and sharp jawline. The demon possessed black armour that left the middle of his chest exposed, showing the middle of his pectorals and neck. The black armour was frightening, with the shoulders of the armour possessing numerous horns jutting upwards towards the sky, with the vambraces resembling dragon scales and each finger ending in a sharp, black talon. The upper legs were covered by pointed, full covering cuisses, while the lower legs were protected by greaves which had several large, sharp spikes on the outer sides. The demon also possessed a tremendous greatsword that possessed a golden hilt and crossblade, with golden designs running down the middle of the blade.

"So, you want to talk? What about?" Taurus asked nonchalantly

"So, you want to talk? What about?" Taurus asked nonchalantly. His sword wasn't even drawn.

"What are a bunch of demonhunters doing here?" He asked, as if it was contemplating whether or not he should blast them into a million pieces.

"N - nothing," Pisces stammered. Cancer knew they shouldn't show weakness to a demon like this, but Pisces looked terrified and was looking pitiful before the demon!

"I'm in no mood for jests," Grigori coldly remarked, raising his left hand and forming a purple orb of energy the size of Pisces's head. He launched the orb at Pisces with the flick of his finger and Pisces quickly leapt out of the way to avoid it.

The explosion it caused sent Gemini (who was the closest person to Pisces) hurtling a few yards to the left, as Cancers eye widened in fear. As the explosion dispersed, she could see there was a small crater where Pisces had stood. The spell would have annihilated him if he hadn't moved...

She looked around at the others and saw the shock on their faces. Leo was glaring at the demon, but she anyone could clearly tell that he was in no condition for any sort of fight.

"You wish to speak, boy?" The demons eyes fixated on Leo, as if he had met him before and was trying to remember where. The demon seemed to recognise all of them somewhat.

"He, as we all, don't want you to harm out friends," Scorpio replied on his behalf. Grigori merely scoffed.

"Well then answer me - what are you doing here?" He asked again. Even though he posed it as a question, it seemed like a command. Like he was forcing the answer out of them with only the power of it's words. His coldness also hadn't been lost and he was clearly expecting an answer soon.

"We came to get a key for a demon called Malus," Virgo answered honestly, doing his best to keep eye contact with Grigori. At the mention of Malus's name, the demon seemed to be intrigued.