Chapter 49: Scorpio

The white-haired demon pointed at a index finger to the sky, and a orb of light formed at the tip, the size of Scorpio.

"Those were the things that blew the ship up!" Aries growled, as Scorpio readied herself. He practically destroyed a brig without little effort; they had to he wary of him.

The demon launched the orb of light at them, but Scorpio couldn't follow it with her eyes. It seemed to be heading right towards her.

It hit her in the front of her breastplate, but her back exploded in pain and she went flying forwards.

"The hell is going on?" Taurus stood up, clutching his shoulder in pain. Scorpio knew it was still in poor shape after the cave incident. His determined eyes didn't give any sort of weakness away, though.

"I wonder how the boy can see," the blue winged one spoke. His voice was deep, and low, as if he was possessed by something evil. He wasn't speaking to the Zodiacs, but Taurus heard his voice all the same.

"Does it matter?" The other scoffed in reply. His voice was posh, like a snobby rich kid, and with the way he carried himself, it was as if he was brought up like a prince. Scorpio looked to find Pisces who was safely out of the danger zone.

"How did you avoid that?" Sag asked, struggling on her knees, her sword plunged into the ground.

"It was so slow... I thought you guys could easily move out the way," he replied, just as confused as them all. He shot a beam of light seemingly in a random direction, but Scorpio guessed that was where the demons really were.

However, they didn't even look slight fazed - the white haired one even smiled. "That's why," he looked over at his partner. He already figured out why Pisces could see through? Smarter than they look.

"He needs to die," his partner said nonchalantly, as if it was no big deal.

Scorpio saw them sat at the base of the hill, but their voices seemed to be coming to their left. She glanced out of the corner of her, but looked dead ahead to the illusions.

"Oh, he will."

His partner scoffed. "Then why are you messing around. I don't want to waste time on pests."

"Vepar, would you learn to please enjoy the simple pleasures of life? Crushing ants beneath your feet is one of the greatest pleasures this world has to offer," The white haired one gave a maniacal laugh and turned back towards them. "Why did you stop? I was just about getting entertained..." He pointed slightly and Scorpio wanted no more that to punch him in the face.

She instead sent a wave of water where she thought they were standing.

The demons were taken aback and they flew ten feet in the air as if to avoid the attack, even though it was nowhere near them.

"Nice shot," Taurus noted.

Scorpio smiled. The white-haired ones right shoe was a little wet - no doubt from her water. He may have been able to affect her vision, but not her other senses.

"How did you know where they were?" Libra asked, flipping her coin and watching it transform into its spear form.

"Does it matter? What matters is that she almost hit. We got to throw everything we have at them!" Aries readied his avatar and drew the avatars sword of fire.

"Just what the hell are you!" Pisces threw another beam of light just above where Scorpio had aimed. Scorpio looked at the illusion, but it didn't react at all. Was it immune to light based attacks?