Chapter 46: Taurus

They were due to set off at dawn the next day, so Taurus decided to go for a run to clear his head before the big mission, just before dawn.

He thought about what Sag had said, his own special mission Malus had given him, the fact that they were going to confront Berial after all these years...

He shook his head as he continued on running, trying to keep all the confusing thoughts out of his head..

"Slow down, Taurus!" He turned around to see Scorpio and Sag also doing a morning run. They weren't too far behind, but he could see while Scorpio looked perfectly fine and in her element, Sag was all red and looking ready to fall over.

"You need something?" Taurus asked them as they approached. He scoffed a little as Sag put her hands on her knees and panted.

"Thought you may want some company," Scorpio replied.

"How the hell... are you two... not tired?" Sag panted between breaths.

"That's what happens when you train consistently," Taurus answered in his usual tone of voice. "And as for you," he turned to Scorpio. "I don't need company. But you guys can come if you want."

Taurus then turned and began running again, reaching a nice and steady pace, with the other two soon joining him.

"You seem a little off," Scorpio noted. She was looking pointedly at him, and he scoffed in response.

"Yeah, and who told you that? Tooth fairy? I'm perfectly fine so don't worry about me," Taurus said.

"No need to for the snappy remarks," Scorpio rolled her eyes.

"Yeah... she's just... worried about you," Sag said, taking long, deep breaths between deep few words.

"Nice to know," Taurus smirked.

"What's your smirk supposed to mean? I care for the wellbeing of my comrade, nothing more. If you say nothing's wrong, then I believe you."

"Whatever," Taurus shrugged. He looked over at Sag on his left and sighed softly. "Let's stop for a little while. Sag is going to die at this rate."

"Thanks," she graciously said, putting her hands on her knees and panting heavily. Scorpio handed her a bottle of water which she drank gratefully.

"What did Malus want to talk to you about?" Scorpio asked. "I don't remember you showing off a new weapon last night."

Taurus didn't meet her gaze. He hadn't said anything about what Malus had told him yesterday, apart from the fact that Berial would only be on the Crey Islands for a couple of weeks. As a result, they had decided to board a ship from the Zhance harbour since it would be the fastest way to travel.

"So that's what's bothering you," Sag said, handing the practically empty bottle back to Scorpio. "What did he say? Bad news?"

"You can confide in us. We won't tell the others," Scorpio reassured him. Taurus wanted to, but he knew he couldn't. If he told them about going to the cave in Axin, they would probably end up wanting to go with him, regardless of Malus saying he had to go alone.

"I told you, I'm fine. Why do girls have to make such a big deal about everything?" Taurus scoffed. That seemed to do the trick.

"We aren't making a big deal! We're just trying to look out for you, but sorry, I forgot you're 'Mr Cool' and you don't need anyone!" Sag yelled at him, face full of fury.

Taurus looked in her eyes and realised she was hurt. She wanted to help but it seemed like he didn't trust her, even after what had happened the day before.