Chapter Twenty~Lesson With Fury

The new Stark towers up and running, Pepper pours herself and Tony a glass of champagne. "I'll tell you what. Next building's gonna say 'Potts' on the tower." says Tony.

"On the lease." starts Pepper.

"...Call your mom, can you bunk over?"

"Sir, the telephone. I'm afraid my protocols are being overwritten." starts J.A.R.V.I.S. Tony picks up           his phone and looks into it at Coulson. "You have reached the life model decoy of Tony Stark, please leave a message."

"This is urgent."

"Then leave it urgently." At that moment the elevator door opens and Coulson appears. "Phil! Come in. Come on in, we're celebrating." says Pepper.

"Which is why he can't stay." says Tony "We need you and Illisha to look this over." says Coulson as he holds out a file towards Tony "I don't like being handed things."

"That's alright, 'cause I love to be handed things. So, let's trade." says Pepper as she passes her glass of champagne to Coulson and takes the file          from him, then takes her champagne glass back from Coulson and passes the file over to Tony. "Official consulting hours are between eight and five every other Thursday." says Tony.

"This isn't a consultation." says Coulson.

"Is this about The Avengers? Which I...I know nothing about, Illisha doesn't know either." says Pepper.

"The Avengers Initiative was scrapped, I thought. And I didn't even qualify." says Tony.

"We didn't know that either."

"Yeah, apparently I'm volatile, self-obsessed, don't play well with others."

"That we did know."

"This isn't about personality profiles anymore.......were is you little sister?" ask Coulson. Tony smiles and laugh "Just missed her she went out for her night class, a year and a half into collage so proud. Whatever. Miss Potts, got a minute?"

Pepper walks over to Tony who places the files into his own databases. "You know, I thought we were having a moment."

"I was having twelve percent of a moment. This seems serious, Phil's pretty shaken."

"How did you notice? Why is he Phil?"

"What is all of this?"

"This is, uh..." Tony expands his arms and different profiles appear in holographic form floating in the air in front of Tony and Pepper.

Screens appear of Captain America in action, the Hulk roaring as he attacks the Army, Thor and Illisha fighting the destoryer and another is of Loki and the Tesseract, to which Stark and Pepper look on in awe. Tony turns back to Coulson "Is that robot the reason Illisha asked me about spikes?"

Coulson nods "I'm going to take the jet to D.C.           tonight." says Pepper.

"Tomorrow." says Tony.

"You've got homework. You've got a lot of homework."

"Well, what if I didn't?"

"If you didn't?"

"Yeah."

"You mean if you finished?" Tony nods his head.         She whispers something in his ear. Tony gasps. Coulson looks away in embarrassment.                          "Square deal. It's the last date." says Tony

Pepper kisses him. As Pepper leaves stops for a second Coulson "Hey Stark were did you say Illisha was?"

"Spirt's just went to class." Tony grabs the Tesseract in holograph form, worried.

**************************************************

I must be early, I think as I put my bag down. No one was hear it was just a simple physics class, this week was about how Music works how it could makes us feel.

Just then a screen is lowered and the lights dim.

Something was going on, on the screen is projected a symbol......the S.H.E.I.L.D. No no no no why me! A video starts playing it was of New Mexico "About two years ago you met people from another world, Asgard a land of gods...."

I look around for the voice to continue "I did." I say "Along with meeting them you went with Thor to Asgard to defeat his brother Loki."

"Loki fell into space."

"And right down to Earth." says a voice I turn to see.....Nick Fury?! I stand "Fury?! Wait down to Earth?" Fury nods walking over "He's alive, and he has the Tesseract-"

"No, I know were this is going, Fury I don't want to wear the mask. I want to be a normal girl, I want to graduate collage to have my brother walk me across the stage." I say, are start to walk away.

"Might I remind you S.H.E.I.L.D. pays for you to go to school." he says, I stop "You would cut off my fund just because I won't help you babysit a space prince?" this stops Fury "Of course I know why you would want me against Loki, you don't need my brain, you don't need my skills, all you need are my eyes, it doesn't matter if a face goes with them. I'm not playing the role of the phantom anymore. And I sure as hell didn't sign up for your drama club."

And with those words I take my bag and walk away "You might think we only need your eyes, but out there is a man a god who falls for his own tricks, wasn't there a time when you tried to change that?"

"I bet you already talked to Tony, he wants no part of this, I want no part of this. And Loki well didn't listen." I say making my way up the steps and to the door "And you won't either!" I slam the door behind me as I leave.

Fury stands there in the empty room a small smile makes it's why to his lips "We don't need the mask we need the full costume, I bet she'll like it when she sees it." and with that he leaves.