A second later, I felt someone lifting my blanket. "Don't!" I whined, coughing again.

Demi stood over me with a worried expression. Ignoring my comment, she slid the blanket away and reached under my top to touch my stomach.

I squealed and pulled away at her ice cold skin. "Stay!" She reprimanded, pulling me back to her by my upper arm. "You're burning up." She stated in a worried tone.

"Maybe you're just cold."

She narrowed her eyes at me. "Are you this much of a brat even when you're sick?"

"Maybe. What are you gonna do about it?" I huffed as I coughed and snatched back my blanket. She stood up abruptly making me flinch. "Are you leaving?" I winced when I heard the neediness in my tone.

She obviously heard as well because she smirked at me. "Mommy's going to make you some nice soup. Doesn't that sound yummy?" She flicked my nose gently and I scowled. She lowered her voice. "If you don't behave, I might just have to add some icky medicine to the soup."

My eyes widened. "No." I protested.

"Then you better behave yourself, hm, baby?" I didn't respond as she tapped my cheek lightly.

I shot her one last scowl when she had turned around. "Go back to sleep." She ordered. "Mommy will wake you up when it's lunchtime."

Demi returned twenty minutes later with a tray in her hands. The aroma that was drifting from the bowl smelled amazing. "No need to drool." She teased and I blushed slightly.

She sat the tray down on my nightstand and gestured for me to shift over. Once I did, she sat down next to me and picked up the bowl of soup. I could see little bits of alphabet pasta and chicken in it. "Homemade chicken noodle soup." She announced.

I reached for it and she pulled it out of my reach. I looked at her in confusion. "Now baby, ask mommy nicely to feed you."

My eyes widened and I shook my head no. She smirked at me. "Little girls can't eat by themselves. What if you spill it?"

"I'm a big girl!" I argued.

"Oh? So you'll take your pills and cough syrup like a big girl?"

My eyes widened. I hated cough syrup. It it tasted like fake fruit with mint. "No!" I pouted.

"But you're a big girl, aren't you?" When I didn't respond she smirked victoriously at me. "Now ask mommy nicely to feed you, baby girl."

My cheeks blushed bright red, deciding to choose the lesser of the two evils. "M-mommy, will you please feed me?" I whispered with my head lowered.

She immediately reached for the spoon and lifted it to my mouth. I opened my mouth eagerly and she chuckled.

I was certain that I had never tasted anything so good before, even though I could barely taste right now. I closed my eyes in content, savouring the flavours as I chewed the pasta happily. "Is it good?" She smirked at me knowingly and I nodded enthusiastically, not even bothering to show some self-restraint.

She fed me another spoonful. I stuck out my tongue with the letter B on it. "B for baby!" She cooed and I blushed and quickly retracted my tongue. She kissed my forehead gently and I lowered my eyes, blushing again.

I silently allowed her to feed me the rest of the soup. "What a good girl!" She smiled at me.

I suddenly felt very little and looked at her with wide eyes. This feeling was strange and new, but it wasn't bad. She raised an eyebrow at me and placed the now empty bowl back on the nightstand. "Does baby want something?"

"Momma." I mumbled, blushing, reaching for her with grabby hands. Her eyes widened both in surprise and delight as she pulled me into her arms and smoothed my hair. She readjusted my pillow and carefully settled us both down in the bed, pulling her arm around me to support my head.

I tried to stick my fingers into my mouth but my hand was almost immediately yanked away. Demi reached over for the pacifier on my nightstand before hesitating. She observed me quietly for a minute, and I could almost see her making a silent decision in her head. I watched her with wide eyes as she began to lift her shirt. I quickly closed my eyes and a soothing hand was placed on my cheek.

After several moments, I opened my eyes again. I froze when came face-to-face with a topless Demi, but for some strange reason, I still felt strangely little and it didn't seem sexual to me.

Instead of her usual smirk, Demi gave me a small smile. "Baby?"

My eyes flickered to hers to let her know that I was listening. She gently guided my head forwards and for some reason, I didn't protest. I knew what she wanted from me but I wasn't sure how I felt about it. My heart pounded as my lips made contact with her nipple but I kept my mouth shut.

She spoke in a quiet voice. "Can you give it a try, baby? Mommy just wants to bond with you and help you feel more comfortable." She sighed after several moments of me laying frozen and released my head. I lay still for a couple more minutes, and before I could talk myself out of it, I opened my mouth and leaned in.

The moment I took her nipple into my mouth, I could feel a comfortable warmth flood through my body, as if a tangible bond was forming between us. It didn't feel sexual, it felt safe and comfortable.

Demi gasped quietly and tightened her hold on me. I tried to ignore the heat in my face and closed my eyes. Maybe it was the skin-to-skin contact, maybe it was the soothing way she stroked my hair, maybe it was the strengthening connection between us, or maybe it was a combination of all three - whatever it was - it caused me to go out like a light.

———————————————————————————
*edited*

^^^^
I swear it's like the most soothing feeling in the world - not at all sexual😌.

-Cindy