Chapter 21

"today this all ends. For too long we have had to deal with the ghoulies hurting our people, our family. They have been a problem for too long but now...it finishes. The ghoulies have taken too much from us and now they're trying to take... Trying to take our queen. We won't allow that. I know the deal was risky but I also know we won't lose. We can't lose. In unity there is strength... Now let's go kicking their fucking asses!"

They all cheered as Toni finished speaking, myself included. She sure knew how to join this family toegteher and prepare them for anything.

I came up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist and rested my chin onto her shoulder, pressing kisses to her cheek.

"hey you.." she whispered with a smile, her body turning to face me properly.

"I love you Toni" why did it still feel like that would be the last time I ever say that. And I hated that feeling.

"I love you too cheryl, thank you for sticking with me even when things have got tough" she rested her forehead on mine and I let out a quiet sigh.

"of course, I'm not gonna just leave you now am I?" I teased her and pressed my lips onto hers.

"I know... But I do need to ask you to do something. If shit goes down... If we lose. Run... Run and Dont look back, I can't let them hurt you. So the one thing i ask is that you do as I say. Leave if things go bad" I didn't want to accept her request but If things went wrong I want her to feel calm and not worry. So I gave her a gentle nod.

"I promise I will" I hoped she believed the lie that left my lips. I couldn't just leave her behind.

"it's time, let's move out!" Toni shouted out and all the serpents shouted and raised their hands in the serpent symbol.

When we got there it was dark already. We had chosen an isolated open area nearer the edge of the area where less would see us. It was all part of the plan.

The serpents lined up, toni and I at the front. Walking up opposite was the ghoulies and Penny. Toni went on ahead and met Penny at the middle.

"are you ready to bow down on your knees for me?" Penny spoke up but Toni did not let her comment get to her.

"I hope you started packing your bags, you will be kicked out of here by the time you're done"

They were silent for a moment.

"if you win we leave this land.. If I win, I own your gang including you and your little girlfriend. There's only two ways to win. If the leader is killed or surrenders letting the other win or everyone dies. Simple enough"

I hoped and prayed this wouldn't go wrong.

Toni raised her hand out to Penny and she shook it. They both went back to their respective groups

"no mercy" she grumbled before facing the enemy again..

"no guns, that's the only rule!"  Toni called out to both gangs and they nodded with a murmur bringing out their knives. I moved to the back with the archers

"wait for my signal" I told them. The time had to be perfectly right.

"one..." we drew our bows but still keeping them hidden at the back.

"two.." we pulled arrows out and the knife armed serpents prepared

"three" we let the arrows fly just before the front few rows of serpents ran.

NO POV

A mass of ghoulies all went down at once and in the shock of the attack Toni and the other serpents charged into them, throwing in slashes and punches into the mix. Cheryl and her archers sent one last rally of arrows over the top to the back ghoulies, hitting a few in the process. Then they dropped their how's, pulled the knives and joined the fight. Blood was splattered everywhere. No one could tell if it was ghoulies or serpent. Some bodies fell, others just struggling away after injuries. Toni jammed her blade into a ghoulies throat, using the anger of the thought of them trying to take Cheryl as her fuel. She couldn't let them win and harm her. She pulled the blade back out watching the squirting blood release with it.

Tonis eyes fell on Penny who was making her way through some serpents. She ran over to the blonde and tackled her down to the ground. She sent a punch to her cheek was was rolled and received one too. They kept rolling, getting knocked amongst the mass of feet around them.

"you killed one love of my life, you won't take another!" Toni roared and raised her blade but before she could lower it, she felt a sharp pain in her shoulder and she recoiled away in pain. She knew she had been stabbed between her spine and shoulder blade. The pain was like fire burning through her body. She tried to focus, she looked up at her attacker and he smirked down about to send a blowing hit at her but he suddenly collapsed to the ground. Behind him Cheryl stood, her eyes falling onto Toni. The pink haired serpent, tried to get up but already serpents and ghoulies were getting between them.

"Cheryl!" she shouted out as she got to her feet and elbowed a ghoulie in the nose, listebing to the crack of his nose.

Tonis POV

I pushed my way rn rough the crowd and finally got through. My heart stopped at the slight opening where I had the view of Penny having Cheryl in a choke hold with a pistol to her head.

"no! Stop!!" I cried out shoving through, uncaring of any attacks I got in the way.

"surrender or she gets a bullet to her head!" Penny called to me, I had to let us lose. I didn't care. As long as Cheryl was safe.

"I surrender! Please just let her go!" Toni shouted out and all the serpents and ghoulie looked over, shock present that I gave in so easily when the serpents were obviously winning as not many ghoulies were left standing compared to the great amount of serpents.

" No Toni don't do it! Let me go!" Cheryl called out only to have Penny tighten her grip around Cheryl's neck.

"Shut up Redhead, Toni kneel before me, you know what to do" a smirk grew onto her lips. Toni walked over to Penny and dropped to her knees in front of her, looking up at the blonde.

"you really would give up yourself and your gang for one girl?" she scoffed not moving the pistol from Cheryl's tempel.

"yes, I'd do anything for her" I admitted nodding a little.

"I wish you would have done that for me, but you didn't. Now I Could shoot her and make you suffer but it's a good job I like you and still want you"

Se pushed Cheryl to the side into a ghoulie who gripped her tight. She strolled over and placed her finger under my chin to raise it. All that showed on my face was a disgusted glare. She leant down and pressed a kiss to my lips but I didn't kiss back.

"you better learn to obey, cause I may not kill Cheryl but I can hurt her, and I know you don't want your precious Cheryl gettinf hurt"

"what do you want from me?!" I spat, eyes trying to look anywhere but at hers.

"first you're going to give your leadership to me, then you're going to finally give me that wedding ring you kept that was for me and you will be mine. The serpents shall be under my control and all will be right" I couldn't bare the thought. I got to my feet

"whatever you ask for I will give" I promised, though the words came out with pure hate.

"that's good baby, now let's go-" before she finished she cried out in pain when a gunshot rang and she fell.

Suddenly cops came out from the shadows and all aimed at the remaining ghoulies.

"you don't think I would call in backup?" Cheryl got away from the ghoulie.

"but they will arrest us.." Toni shook her head.

"as much as I'd love to arrest your ass I wouldn't ever do that, these guys are the real bad guys" a familiar female voice spike from behind.

"Rosa?!" I turned and ran into her arms, holding her close to me.

"I remembered you mentioning about having a friend in the nypd. So I searched her down, told her the situation and that we may need help.
Cheryl spoke up, oh you beautiful crazy idiot.

I left Rosa's arms and ran to Cheryl's, pressing a kiss to her lips.

"we will take these guys from here" Rosa called to Toni "we should go for a drink sometime"

The police started to take the ghoulies away and we just stood there all together.

"we won... We acrually won"