Chapter 10

I fell asleep easily in Toni's arms. They were muscular yet soft. Bruised yet strong. It was the middle of the night when i was awoken. Tonis arm was still over me but only loosely now. I had woken because i heard a noise snd in all hoenstly i was frightly afraid. No one had broke in had they? I sat up but then relaxed slightly , seeing the cause of the noises. Toni was mumbled quietly in her sleep and was slightly moving around. I tilted my head and leant down a little to try and hear what she was saying. Her voice was mumbled but it seemed to get slightly louder. I listened closely and i swear i heard... "Cheryl".

Did i just hear her say my name? That doesn't seem right. Why would she be...i just listened in closely and she kept saying odd words in her sleep.

"Alicia...no..Alicia " she now started to mumble instead and she started to move a little more slightly "don't ...no..no...Alicia...noo" she groaned and now i started to worry. Was she having a nightmare? Should i wake her up?

"Toni.." I spoke quietly but she didnt seem to hear.

"Dont hurt her...don't hurt her P..no...not cheryl" she spoke quietly and she had said my name again. She was afraid. Her face turned to one of terror and it broke my heart. She tossed and turned and i moved my hand to her cheek instinctively.

"Toni wake up! I ts just a dream, wake up!" I called out but she disnt listen "Toni come on hun , wake up!" And suddenly she jolted up and i jumped bad. Her hand went to the side of the bed and she drew up a gun in one swift motion. My heart stopped as it was aimed my way and her fi ger was on the trigger "stop!" I screamed and her face came to realisation just as she raised it. She saw who was beside her and her body trembled. She dropped the gun and just sat there shaking, her body covered in sweat. I had never seen hee so vunerable. My heart was beating fast after that moment but when i felt myself relax a little , i took her hands in my own but she still looked like she was in another world. Her eyes lost. I didnt know what else to do but hug her. Hug her and hold her tightly in my arms until finally her body lost its tension and her arm slipped around me too for a short while before she pulled back and dropped her head.

"Im sorry.." She whispered and covered her face with her hand.

"Hey no..its OK...i mean drawing a gun on me was kinda scary but he nightmares are a normal thing" i spoke in a soft tone which surprised me . I was used to being cold and harsh but for Toni, seeing her so hurt, i went weak.

"I pulled a fucking gun on you" she snapped and got out the bed quickly and I instantly got p and followed her.

"Toni its ok! I forgive you, it was an accident" I put my hand on her shoulder and she turned suddenly , eyes blazing.

"Dont touch me" she spoke harshly but I heard the guilt in her voice as she spoke. I knew what would be best is to just leave her for now. She needed to calm down. I pulled my hand back and waked back to the bedroom and laid down on my back. It felt colder without Toni there. I didnt like it, I felt unsafe. Would she come back? Should I ask her about her nightmares?

She didnt come back so that was the end of that. I would have to ask her tomorrow. I just laid there awake for an hour, my mind running to the pink haired girl in the room next to me. Eventually however, I fell into a deep sleep.

I woke when sunlight hit my face as it seeped through the curtains. I groaned and turned over to the empty half of Toni's bed and pouted slightly. I got up and head through the trailer on the search for the serpent. I eventually found her in the kitchen , a beer bottle in hand.

"Morning" I spoke quietly and she looked up at me with dark eyes which she could hardly keep open. "Did you sleep at all last night?" I frowned and went to her, snatching the bottle of beer from her "And you shouldnt be drinking at this time" . She growled lowly at me and rolled her eyes.

"I dont need sleep, I need drink" she muttered and leant towards me for the bottle and stumbled into me. I caught her and put her upright. She moved back quickly and I muttered.

"Are you gonna tell me about last night.." I spoke softly again and she rose a brow at me.

"What about last night..."she asked quietly and looked away from my stare.

"The nightmares...you talking in your-" she cut me off

"You imagined it, it never happened" she growled and I shook my head.

"Seriously Toni? You were talking and moving around" I made her turn

"I didnt-"

"You called out for Alicia...." I saw her whole body tense "and then me" she now looked concearned and worried by this "you just talked about how not to hurt us and...to get away" I whispered softly and she just glared.

"You heard wrong" she growled and head back towards her bedroom "I will take you to school" she grumbled and iwas left shock and with more questions than asnwers.

We didn't talk much at all after that. We both got ready and head to her motorbike. She got on first and finally she started to speak but my anticipation fell when she simply said

"Hold onto me tight" . she spoke as monotone as she could and i hated it. I got on behind her and slipped my arms around her waist. What happened to last night with the comofrt snd warmth. Maybe i just dreamed the whole thing up. No, no dream could make me feel like- wait why am i talking about my feelings i got from her. Shouldnt i be thinking about how i was going to make a move on Veronica. I was going to make it very soon, i jsut knew it. I couldn't hold on much longer. But there was something at the back of my mind now that whispered to me 'what about....her' . My eyes fell on Toni's back then she sped off down the road. Toni? No, she was just naturally hot and a comfy person. It wasn't feelings. I mean even a straight girl would fall for Toni. I rolled my eyes at myself and just sat, deep in thought about what to do. We were nearing the school and something came to my head.

"Stop here" i called out and she suddenly pulled over and skidded to a halt.

"Whats wrong?" She asked and turned her head to look at me.

"They cant see me coming to school with you" i got off her bike but her eyes followed me.

"Why? Oh don't tell me you are hiding yourself, scared they might et the wrong idea about us? Your gayness shines like a fucking rainbow beacon when you're around your friend" she rolled her eyes and my cheek when dark red.

"you're from an infamous gang, i cant be seen with you" i mumbled snd walked to her and kissed her cheek gently. What the hell did i do that for? I left a light lipstick mark on her cheek and i chewed my lip.

"Pick me up from here after school?" She asked and she nodded a little.

"Yeah but i gotta go to a race soon after so don't be late. Its important, its gonna be the difference on who gets a head start on the war" she sighed and i was a little confused.

"You mean with those creeps you're protecting me from?" I asked slightly worried and my finger moved under her chin and raised it. "who's racing?" I asked quietly And she looked me in the eye.

"Me" she answered simply , i didnt like this, she could get hurt.

"Im coming with you" i almost commanded but she shook her head suddenly.

"No you can't, i dont want you to get hurt" she spoke defensivly.

"I wont, i will have you to protect me" i grinned and stepped back "see you later" i walked off towards the school.

"I promise i wont fail again alicia" toni whispered quietly under her breath