Chapter 6

I peeked from my hiding spot to see Toni facing two men. I felt the tightening in my chest. I feared what would happen to her. But what could i do? She would do a better job than me at fighting them off.

"Look idiots you are on serpent ground , this is violating our laws and the truce we have made. No ghoulies around here" i noticed the fire burning in her eyes and the growl in her voice. It was frightening but also hot...the way her voice sounds she she's mad, makes my head spin a bit.

"Well someone has taken our drug supply and who else would wsnt to stop us other than you and your friends" the more dominant man spoke in an almost creepy chuckle as he got closer.

"It wasn't us" she snapped again and his body tensed reluctant at first but hen standing firm. "Now get off my land"

"Hmmn, you see things have changed pinky , our queen has changed her thoughts on this little truce. Its good shes finally breaking from that little grip you had on her" he moved his hands to his pocket "She wants to see you Topaz" he snickered and Toni's expression didn't change. Who was his woman that wanted to see Toni? And why did i feel that tinge of pain inside at the thought. Why would i be feeling some kind of jealousy?

"If she wanted to see me she could come instead of sending you two twats" she muttered and they tilted their heads.

"Oh Topaz, didn't you learn from last time not to mess with us?" A smirk grew on his face and Toni's still stayed mutual but i saw that slightest tremble in her lips and i knew something Inside her still haunted her.

"We're hosting a race for the downtown southeast area. You have to tske oart if you want to take that land" this all seemed slightly unreal. These sort of things only happened on TV.

"Im in, cars or bikes?" She asked no fear in her voice , she almsot sounded excited by this fact. But that soon changed ar the next comment.

"Bikes, bring your baby and ooh do you have a new girlfriend we can cut up? Last time it was so much fun, her cries...her whimpers and begging...oh i could do that all again" he grinned with psychotic eyes and i noticed how evey word made something burn up inside the girl. Finally she snapped and threw a punch at his face and blood splashed out his moih and nose. The other reacted quickly and pulled out a gun .

"Toni!" a voice shouted and that stole the attention of the ghoulies and Toni herself. Only then when i realised they were staring at me, i was the one who shouted.

"So you do have one? Just wait till you find out what i am gonna do to her" the main guys eyes were on me and the others guys gun pounted my way but Toni grabbed his wrist befoee he shot and kicked him in the stomach. She twisted snapping his arm back to the point of breaking it. His scream escaped his lips but Toni was already on her next move as she took the gun from him and aimed at his neck then pulling he trigger letting his skull burst. The other guy ran towards me and i wanted to run but my body couldn't move. I was frozen.

"Move god dammit!" I hesrd Toni shout but when i didn't she tackled the man down. He slashed at her and she barley dodged. He suddenly thrusted he blade at her chest but she caught it between her hands and held him off but blood spilt from her palms. She flipped the knife and suddenly pushed it over and force it into his side.

"You bitch" he groaned, Toni kicked him to his knees and crouched down in front of him.

"I have a message for your queen, accept the race but our land is off limits. Don't make me hurt you now" she spat and the guy scampered. Her eyes fell on me and i rose my brow slightly snd jogged over.

"That was stupid" she clentged her fists and i saw a mixture of feelings on her face. Anger deffinatly showed but also some admiration .

"He was going to shoot you, usually people say thank you after something like that happens." I rolled my eyes but a small smile formed on my face. She sighed and i swear i caught a glimpse of a smirk appesr on her lips for a moment.

"Don't do it again OK? I don't need you getting killed or hurt. I couldn't forgive myself" she chewed her lip a little and i had that feeling in my stomach again. I defdinatly could appreciate her looks, she was an angel with a devil inside. the realisation just hit me. She had just killed someone again in saving me. I coudlbt tell if it was worryIng or sweet. "They have seen you Cheryl, you are in danger. He may be hazy but he will take anything he thinks is gonna be my weakness. He was the way i orotcted you. He has the wrong implications , you have a taget on your back" her words hit me like a bullet. I had got mised up in all of this. Suddenly fear filled me snd i looked into Toni's eyes.

"What do i do?" I ask trying to keep myself strong in front of the gang leader but i struggled. I knew she could see it but she didn't bring it up, maybe out of respect?

"Stay with me for a week. Just until things have died down a bit and i know you're safer. I'm mad Cheryl but im gonna protect you at all cost" she spoke with a completely serious tone.

She looked over my shoulder and i turned to see a pack of serpents.

"We will protect you"

A.n - comment any ideas you want in this . i have one story plot but id like to hear what you guys want!