Chapter 3

My arms hung loosely around the girls waist at first. She was a gang leader, she was probably also a murderer. And i was a school girl with no experience of fighting or self defence. What if she took me to a dark isolated place and decided to attack me. I wouldn't stand a chance against this girl. I had to admit she was beautiful, her face a perfect canvas , however i couldn't let myself fall for such things.

I felt her move slightly as she put the key in and the engine suddenly roared to life like a giant beast that had been awoken.

"Have fun" Veronica gave me a wink which caused my heart to flutter slightly.

"Dont leave ok , and i swear i will-" my words got cut off as the bike suddenly accelerated down the road. My whole body lurched backa nd a scream escaped my lips , my grip on the girl suddenly tightening and i held on for dear life.

My face was pressed into the leather jacket the girl wore, it had an old musty smell to it. I could smell...fumes that had laid upon the leather from the countless times the bikes engine had been started up, cigarette smoke also engulfed the jacket too but there was something else there, lavender. Even though the smokey smell would usually make me nose wrinkle and scrunch up. This was different.

The bike waa still flying down a straught road , the wind pulling back at my hair and playing with it. My arms were still firmly around the girl and my hands lay upon her stomach. I hadnt noticed at first how firm it was. I moved my fingers slightly and could tell her body was very much in shape.

"If you're done feeling me up , i was wondering if you could loosen your grip on me so i dont run out of air" she growled slightly and immediately i loosened my grip on her slightly and raised my head.

A little gasp fell from my lips as i took in the scene. There werent loads of loud cars and shouting drunks. There was now the soft roar of the engine and the citys lights shining brighter than ever. i couldn't get my stars but this was nearly as good. the course mixed in as one as we sped down the road. I never had really taken in the enourmaty of the buildings. They stood tall and proud , showing off their amazing builds and flashing their various lights. A small smile krept to my face now. Not too much though. This girl could still be leading me to my death. But for now i relaxed and just took in the scene.

"Im turning back around now" she called out and suddenly the bike skiddded and my arms gripped onto her like a bower constrictor . the bike turned and suddenly she hit the accelerator and we were off again.

See i didn't really want to go back again. Yes i wanted to see my crush and get back home quickly but there was something about Toni that excited and scared me at the same time. But i couldn't let myself dwell on that. I would never see her again after this so it didn't really matter anyway. What was i thinking, i was the queen bee of school with a boyfriend on the football team, i was a stone cold bitch and people feared me. Yes i followed rules, never got myself into bad places but thanks to Veronica here i was on the back of the bike of an infamous Serpent. So many thoughts ran through my head and before i knew it , we were back. The other serpents stood there, arms crossed , snarls still planted on their faces. I slipped off the bike and turned to Toni who was also getting off but in a much more elegant way. Her eyes never showed any more emotion on them at all. The only emotions i had seen burn in them was the fire and hate that showed when i arrived. She looked back at me for a moment and i could tell something was going through her head but she quickly looked away before i could work out what.

Suddenly i realised something, where was Veronica? She would be out , laughing at me now or something. My eyes darted around but she was nowhere to be seen.

"Your friend left" one of the boys said , walking closer to me and a little shiver ran through my body. Great so now i had to walk alone in the middle of the night. I didnt imagine there aould be many people who would pick up now and take me home.  I couldn't ring home or they would ask why i wasnt with Veronica. A slight sigh escaped my lips and Toni walked passed without looking at me.

"You better start walking, i could change my mind and get a little rough and tough with you" she showed her smaller blade and i nodded , walking backwards towards the alley. I wondered if i would ever see the girl again. Did i hope so? Yes. i wanted to see the face that was perfectly carved , her pinky lips and her smooth skin. I knew i shouldn't think like that.

I started jogging and tying to work my way around the block to get back to the main high street. I didn't like being alone in this area. It was bad enough that serpents were still around the area but there could be someone else alot worse. I eventually slowed down a little as i got to the end of an alley and i knew just another turn would take me to the Main street but as i walked i suddenly felt an unease. I tilted my head slightly and noticed he sound of footsteps behind her. She started to speed up slightly but as she looked up she saw another guy stand at the end .

"Hey beautiful" a sly smirk grew on his face. My heart stopped. I was stuck, alone and had two men walking towards me .

"Please just, i have money , you can take it all. There like $100 in there just take it. She put her purse down and backed up.

"Awe babe we just wanna play around" the other guy smirked , getting closer. I was bow terrorfied. What was going to happen to me .
I clentched my eyes as i felt one of rheir handa on my arms and i prayed it would be over. Suddenly a womens voice shouted from beisde me.

"Hey shitheads! Get your hands off her!" The girl bellowed with venom in her voice. I looked over and saw Toni there. What was she doing here? And why was she saving me?

"You bitch better run" one guy snarled and i saw the blade go to Tonis hand. The men let go of Cheryl and got out their own baldes then started hesding toward Toni.

"Run!" Toni snapped and swung a blow at one guy , punching him across he face then dodged the other mans grab and swung her knife cutting his arm slightly. He grunted and turned on Toni and kicked her leg so she wobbled a bit. I wanted to run but i was paralyzed by the scene i saw.

Toni fought strong and hard , easily besting the guys. i couldn't help but admire her. But the admiration trned to worry when one got a good hit on her with the knife and she groaned in pain. I wanted to help bur i couldn't do it.

"Run!" To is vocie broke through this time snd my legs just moved. I ran and ran. i hoped she would be OK.

She would be, wouldnt she?