Chapter 11

When I walked through the doors of school it was like I stepped back into reality. Toni was like another world really, I didnt put her with my school life. When I was with Toni everything else fell away and was just a blur, it made me realise how insignificant so much is. Was it really that important if when I escaped this realty to go to the next, I forgot about it? The only thing from here which I really remembered was Veronica, oh my sweet Veronica, but I had to admit when i was with Toni I really didnt think about her as much as usual.

"Cheryl!" theres her perfect perky voice. I looked to the side and smiled seeing the girl run to my side and instantly linked arms with me. "So what was the whole running off thing yesterday?" she asked frowning and pulling me closer "You freaked out when we mentioned the serpent" she questioned and my tensed a little. Now I had to explain things, maybe I should just talk to Veronica, I could trust her couldnt I?

"I...look you cant tell anyone about any of this" I gave her a very serious look and she was intrigued. Oh Toni please dont kill me. "So he guy who got killed, he tried jumping me the night before...he was gonna...well who knows what" I went quieter, it kind of left my mind when I was with Toni. I didnt think about it at all.

"Oh my god! Cher why didnt you tell me?" she frowned and pulled me into her arms , holding me tightly. When Veronica would touch me in any kind of way I would always have a moment where my heart wold just stop. But this time It didnt effect me the same, it felt different to when I was in the bed with Toni. Now with Veronica it felt more natural. I guess its just because of time.

"I didn't want Toni in trouble"  I shrugged a little and she pulled back to look at me with suspicion in her eyes "You wanted to protect the serpent you met once?" I tried not to look into her eyes , she would've been able to see through me if I did.

"I owed her one, she saved me" I spoke calmly and pushed my ginger locks out of my face "So anyway I went to go find her but then she got me to hide and these two guys came out and threatened Toni and I Shouted to Toni and outed myself. So now these enemies think Toni is protecting me so she wants to keep me safe until it blows over. " I explained and Veronica was trying to keep up with all of it.

"How exactly is she protecting you then?" she asked and I suddenly went all quiet. "Cheryl?" she crossed her arms and I looked up at her.

"Im staying with her for a week" I wasnt suprised to see her shock.

"Youre staying at a serpents house!" she blurted out and my hand went to her mouth to quieten her. My hand withdrew "How are you gonna get your mother to agree to this?" she scoffed slightly.

"thats where I need your help" I mumbled "I need my mum to believe im staying with you for a week" I scratched y arm nervously .

"Cheryl.." she groaned but nodded a little "fine but you owe me big time" she whined and we walked inside.

School was so slow, I hated having to deal with Reggie, he was my boyfriend but jesus I could kill him sometimes. I wished I could just be open about myself and be with...Veronica. Yes Veronica is who I wanted, who made my heart flutter. But for some reason there was now a little conflict inside of me but I couldnt understand why, or who. After school I head out the gates and went towards my house. I heard an engine roaring behind me and I turned my head to see "Toni?" I called out and stopped walking. she pulled up next to me on her bike and I glared slightly "Toni I agreed to stay with you for my protection, I did not agree to you stalking me as I walk home" I scoff.

"Good to see you too" she grumbled and her grip on her handlebars tightened "This is me checking you are ok, you are walking home alone" she pushed a couple strands of her pink locks out of her face.