Chapter 20

Toni turned the bike into the school and drove down the middle of the car a park. My slender fingers slipping under the fabric of Tonis shirt as she drove us up. We had already caught students attention as she pulled up and flicked down the stand with her foot and turned off the engine. She removed her helmet, shaking her pink locks out as she hung the helmet on the handle. We both slipped off, my own hand running through my firey red hair to push it out the way to show my smirk. We were parked at the bottom of the stairs before the front entrance. But I wasn't afraid anymore as I wrapped my arms around Tonis neck and pulled her in close, moving my lips onto hers in a passionate heated kiss. Her hands held my waist to keep me in position. I heard gasps and whistles in the background but I didn't care, I just wanted to show how much I loved my girlfriend. The only girl for me. We pulled apart and she slipped her arm around my waist as we started walking up the stairs, all eyes on us.

I saw Veronica, Betty and Archie standing beside the door. Archies eyes blazed, Betty stared in shock and awe and Veronica... I couldn't work out what she was thinking. She walked over blocking our entrance, eyes running up and down Toni.

"you're wasting your time, you should take my offer, you'd do better" she placed a hand to Tonis cheek but I quickly snatched it and pulled it back.

"don't touch my girlfriend, you won't get your filthy hands on her. She's mine, I'm hers and you are nothing" I smiled and let go of her wrist. Veronica stormed back to Archie but Archie just shook his head at her and left her.

"Betty come on lets-" but Betty was already walking over to us.

"Cheryl I'm so sorry for what I did, I know you shouldn't ever forgive me but I really want my cousin back.." I could tell she was being sincere. I couldn't stay mad at her, I gave her a quick hug but soon returned to Tonis side.

"it's fine sweet cousin, I forgive you"

"babe you need to hurry or you're going to be late" Toni pressed a kiss to my cheek to grab my attention which she got.

"right yeah, exams won't wait" I pressed one last final kiss onto her lips.

"I will collect you later for the final plan"

Yes the final plan. I had told Toni my idea, nothing fancy but I knew it wouldn't fail. Toni would agree with Penny to a war, if Toni won the Ghoulies would have to leave the land and any found would be shot on sight or if the Ghoulies won Toni would offer her 'crown' to Penny, giving her complete control of both gangs. It was a risk but I had trust that we would win. Just as additional help I put my archery skills to use, offering to teach a large group of them how to shoot so we had a ranged advantage. In return Toni taught me how to fight, with a knife, with fists and even taught me a little about how to shoot. We were ready.

"yeah, I will be waiting" I gave Toni one last smile before I entered the building. I may not of had a gang leader at my side anymore but people still stared, not in disgust but more in shock or awe.

I wore my bright red lipstick as usual, my high heels and denim shorts and a shirt of Tonis but that wasn't the shocking different bit. It was the red leather jacket that was on top. Cause that red jacket adorned the serpent symbol, and my wrist held my serpent  tattoo, a small crown on its head. That was another new thing too.

I had joined the serpents, I did my initiation after we settled on the plan, I did all I had to and was offered my own jacket, Toni making sure it had a personalised touch along with my serpent. The crown was there because..

Well I was queen. I was Tonis queen. Crazy to think I now rules the gang with Toni. No one obliged to this. They happily accepted it knowing they were in good hands.

But for now I had my finals exams to do, and I was ready.

Later when the school day finished I had everyone talking to be, I had not only taken the crown of serpent queen but also HBIC again. Veronica was off sulking in the corner. She had dropped low whilst I stayed at the top. As I exited the front door saying goodbye to people Veronica came up to me.

"Cheryl, wait" she took my hand and turned me around.

"what?!" I snapped trying to pull my hand from hers.

"I made a mistake, I was scared but I lied, I do like you. Give me another chance and drop Toni and we can rule the school together and-"

"don't even start with me Veronica, stop trying to claw back up to the top, you were a bitch, you deserved this. I love Toni, she treats me like I'm her everything, she spends every second trying to protect me. She is my one and only. So don't try this again" I stepped back away and my back hit a familiar frame, arms slipping around me.

"is she harassing you babe?" Toni asked, her voice bitter.

"it's fine baby, she was just going" but Toni stepped around me and gripped Veronica by her blouse.

"Get off me you murdering Dyke!" she spat, I saw Tonis eyes narrowed and she pulled her jacket back slightly showing off the blade in her belt.

"if you come near my girlfriend again, I will gut you and pull that black heart of yours out your chest. I have killed many before, I would not test me" I could tell she was being serious and I think Veronxia could tell too.

"I could have you arrested for threatening me like that" she smirked slightly but so did Toni.

"who you gonna call? The police? Can I tell you a fun fact about the NYPD? I'm very good friends with a detective in there, that detective is bisexual and dating a woman though I believe she should date her best friend who I'm pretty sure is glued to her phone except when she's around but that's beside the point. For starters she always keeps an axe on her and would probably happily kill you too. But even if you did report to someone in the NYPD her boss, isn't gonna take politely to you being homophobic and threatening to Cheryl since he's well... Gay. So back off, you have no one. Don't test me again" she let go of Veronica and took my hand leading me to her bike.

"was that all true?" I asked curiously.

"yep, my high school crush RoRo, don't ever tlel her I called her that in front of you, she hates it."

We got to the bike and she slipped on first.

"it's time... Let's get this over and done with"

It was time for the plan, all I could do was pray to God that it would work.