Chapter 12: Lives Outside

The mountains were calm.
The dojo of Bomb was now lively with students again. And one student in particular was catching the Masters curiosity.
"Ugh!" A male student was knocked across the training yard, rolling until he finally came to a stop.
He growled and tried to pick himself up, angry, "A woman has no place in Master Bomb's dojo!" He declared.
Standing across the yard was none other than Kaana.
Her stance was loose and relaxed, smirking almost cockily.
She taunted, "Ohhh, what's wrong? Are you upset that you've been out bested by a noob? A woman, no less?"
The student growled and made to charge at her.
He tried to throw the first hit. With a smile, Kaana easily brushed his fist away with her arm and with her hand, she had grabbed his chin and threw him back into the ground by his head.
The other students, who had been watching, groaned when he made impact.
Kaana stood up, watching as the student groaned, but made no effort to get back up.
The whole time, Bomb and Bang had been watching.
"She's very brutal in her counters," Bang observed.
Bomb agreed, "Yes. It's almost chilling how well she's mastered our styles."
"Her footwork and technique reminds me of someone in particular," Bang commented.
Bomb side glanced at his young brother, "So, you've noticed, as well? Should we confront her?"
"I do not believe that would be the best choice. Whether our suspicions are true or not, it could jeopardize all the work she'd accomplished. Perhaps, if we approach the issue with care, she'll open up."

After training, the students resigned for the day, all going home. All except for Kaana. She was the only one on the training grounds. She was working through some movements, her mind going through the events of the past few months.
Trying to make sense of it all. Her sister didn't want to see her, and now she was stuck at this dojo until given permission to leave otherwise.
"You've made great progress, my dear," Kaana stopped and looked over her shoulder. There she saw Bang, hands folded and all.
"Master Bang," Kaana stood neutral, facing him.
Bang waved dismissively, smiling kindly, "Call me Bang, please."
"Is there anything I can help you with?" Kaana was trying to be courteous, but honestly didn't feel too keen on talking that much.
Bang replied with, "I was hoping you could enlighten me a little, that's all. And if you don't wish to answer, then I will not push the issue."
"Um, okay," Kaana shifted on her feet.
"Where did you learn Martial Arts? Your technique tells my brother and I that you are no stranger to fighting," Bang asked this so casually, it put Kaana off a bit.
Kaana shrugged, "I've always been a fast learner. When I first got here, I'd watch Master Bomb. A little while later, he had started training me on the basics."
The answer struck a chord with Bang, "You remind me of my old disciple."
"Disciple? Who?" Kaana raised a brow.
Bang sighed, eyes closed as he thought back on some painful memories, "His name was Garou."
"The Hero Hunter?" Kaana inquired.
"...Yes, unfortunately. He was my top disciple before he went against the dojo and went on a rampage. Calling himself a monster until he almost became one. If it not been for your brother-in-law, Garou would've been killed," Bang solemnly explained.
"I'm guessing, he escaped?"
"Yes. His whereabouts remain unknown," Bang let a sigh escape through his nose, "Would it be out of line to say that I wish it never turned out this way?"
"No. I can tell just from the way you talk about him that he meant a great deal to you," Kaana walked up to him, "Was he like a son to you?"
"He was so young when he came to my dojo. His home life was fragmented and he found sanctuary with me. He barely spoke of his parents, if he had any, at all. He was quite the little menace in the beginning, I'll admit."
A scoff escaped Kaana, "Sounds like a diamond in the rough. Kind of reminds me of me."
"I can barely compare you to what he had done, Kaana," Bang told her.
"Well, if you think about it, if it weren't for my sister, I would've went on to hurt others because of my rage. The Monster Association wanted to turn me into a monster, but the monster cell didn't really work. From what I learned and from what you said, in order to become a true monster, you need to abandon your humanity. It does sound like Garou wanted to be viewed as a monster, but being one was going to be impossible for him."
"Do you think...someone like him will be willing to change?" Bang inquired.
Kaana smiled, placing a hand on his shoulder,"If given a fair chance."
A silence fell between them, "Thank you for hearing me out."
"No problem," Kaana then wondered, "Do you have any fond memories of him?"
Bang let a light smile appear, thinking back on when Garou was a small boy, "A few."
"Remembering the good times can help a person heal," Kaana stated, "Would you like talk about it?"
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Meanwhile, back in what was City A. Back in Sona's lab.
Hitomi was in the one of the physical training rooms.
She was punching and kicking at a punching bag. Her short hair tied back, only in a tank top, yoga pants and sneakers. Wearing some boxing gloves, she continued to go at the leather bag.
Despite the life she'd been given, she still had a great deal on her mind. Waking up in Dr. Genus's makeshift lab was definitely strange.
She woke up with these memories that weren't hers, but the first thing she did was try to lunge at the doc. She didn't like him all that much. Hitomi was confused, until he explained to her who and what she was, and how she came to being.
An Android that was created through the data of a dead doctor, whose DNA she was cloned from, gave her a life, leaving her programming with her.