Chapter 35

I awoke feeling a familiar surface under me. I sat up to find a familiar setting. I was In my room. I must have fallen asleep on the way back here. I looked out the window to see the sun rising. It was the next day. I lifted the covers off of me to be met with a white cast that was around my leg. I was surprisingly clean of blood and dirt. I shivered at the thought of someone seeing me bare. Next to my bed were a pair of crutches.

I'm a cripple now! I exclaimed to Isla with fake enthusiasm.

Only for about a week. She said but I can tell she was smirking.

A knock sounded throughout the room.

"Yeah?" I called.

"Are you up?" Someone said from the other side of the door. I rolled my eyes at the dumb question and the person who was saying it.

"No, actually I'm not. I'm sleep talking." I heard a sigh.

"Can I come in?" I shrugged.

"Why not." The door opened a second after and in walked Orion.

"How are you?" He asked while walking towards the bed. He didn't sit down though. I backed away slightly out of instinct.

"What can I say?" I shrugged. "I'm feeling pretty damn dandy." I snapped.

"Sorry," he apologized. "Geez, someone's in a mood."

"That's funny." I said, picking at the fluff on the blanket. "I'm always in a mood when I'm around you." I made quotation marks with my fingers.

"Look, I really am sorry." I didn't say anything and got up off the bed, grabbing the crutches and positioning them under my arms. I made my way over to the mirror and took out my ponytail that was way to messy to be seen in.

"Where are you going?" Orion asked. I brushed my hair out and started remaking my ponytail.

"Somewhere other than here before this conversation leads to me shutting you down again." I said and made my way over to the door when I finished with my hair. I opened the door and want out. Orion of course, followed me. I got to the top of the stairs.

How am I gonna do this? I thought.

"Let me help you." Orion grabbed one of the crutches. I yanked it away stubbornly.

"I don't need help." I said while grabbing both crutches in one hand and grabbing onto the railing with the other. I hopped down the steps, one by one, stumbling a couple times.

"You're going to fall." He said and took the crutches from my hand.

"Fine." I huffed. "You can carry those."
He chuckled.

"You're stubborn."

"No I'm not." I grumbled. I managed to get all the way down the stairs without falling on my face. Orion handed me the crutches and I snatched them out of his hand.

"Thanks." I mumbled, walking past him. I went into the kitchen in search of something to eat. I look through cabinets until I find some oreos. I take them out and set them on the counter.

"Here." Orion opens the package for me and takes a cookie out before placing it in his mouth. I roll my eyes and take a cookie myself.

"Okay," I say, covering my mouth with my hand to avoid cookie projectiles from escaping my mouth. I swallowed everything before speaking again. "Is there something you need? Did I do something wrong?" I asked irritantly.

"I'm just trying to make it up to you. I need you to understand how sorry I am."

"Well, like I told you, sorry isn't enough. It won't ever be enough." I shook my head. "You can't go and do shit like locking somone up in silver chains along with all the other shit you've done and expect your apology to be accepted." A fire erupted within me. It mas made of anger and pain as I remembered those horrid memories.