Chapter 27

I woke up to the light shining through the window and onto my face. I had fallen asleep last night after another repeated argument with -you guessed it- Orion.

I groaned and rubbed my eyes before stretching. I then got up from the bed and put on my shoes. I rummaged through my suitcase in search of clothes for the day. I took out undergarments along with a forest green turtle neck shirt and some dark jeans. I closed the suitcase and dragged it off the bed and under the bed again. I went into the bathroom and slid the shower curtains to the side, turning the warm water on.

I waited some time before taking my clothes off and jumping in. I let the water run down my back for a while, easing my tense muscles before finishing the washing up and turning the water off. I got out of the shower and grabbed the towel, wrapping it around myself. I dried myself off before putting my outfit on. I finished the rest of my morning routine and exited the bathroom.

As I walked past the mirror, something caught my eye so I double looked only to find another note. The thought of what it might say sent a cold shiver down my spine. I didn't want to touch it as I wanted to collect them for proof later on. I went closer to the mirror to see what the note said.

'Sleep well? You sure look like you did.'
The note read.

My blood ran cold as I picked the note up to be met with a picture of me sleeping, holding the picture of my family securely to my chest. It looked like it had been taken from the window that was on the other side of the room. My room was on the second floor of the pack house. How would someone be able to take a picture from outside the window if there was nowhere to stand to take the picture in the first place?

I dropped both the picture and note onto the dresser and started to back away. I didn't want to believe it was real. I've been wanting to tell myself it was some stupid prank but I don't think anyone would go this far into it.

Or would they?

I jumped as the backs of my legs hit the bed suddenly. I sat down on it and propped my elbows on my knees, putting my face in my hands. I wanted so desperately to believe it was a joke. I now knew it was serious.

I stood up and ran to the window. Hot tears were streaming down my face as I locked the window and closed the curtains. I made sure you couldn't see into the window before going back on the bed.

I needed to tell someone about the notes I've been starting to get.

But who?

I didn't want to be annoying and tell Charles or Ace. And I certainly didn't want to tell Orion. Knowing him, he'd probably think I'm trying to get his attention or something stupid like that.

A knock sounded throughout the room. I stood up and rubbed the tears away. I took a deep breathe to try and compose myself.

"Come in." I called and the door opened revealing brown haired figure.

"Hey Rayna, I haven't talked to you in a while." Olivia said as she walked in. She looked at my face and frowned.

"Were you crying?" She asked.

"No?"

"That's not really a question that you answer with another question." She pointed out.

I sighed and rubbed my eyes violently. "Do I really look like I was crying?" I asked.

"Yup." She popped the 'p'. "You look like shit."

"Thanks." I grumbled under my breathe and rolled my eyes. I stood up and made my way to the mirror. My eyes were puffy and red. I rubbed them again which only made them more red and they started to get irritated.

"Why have you been crying?" Olivia pressed. I sighed, not wanting to talk about it with her.

"I-I" I hesitated.

"You can tell me." Olivia reassured me.

"S-someone has been putting notes in my room. Threatening notes." I explained. "I don't know who has been doing it and I don't want to tell anyone because they might think I'm after attention."

"How many notes have you been sent?" She asked as we into over to the bed and sat down.

"Two notes and a picture. I froze the first one and broke it." I admitted.

"Picture?"

I got up and went over to the counter. I covered my hand with my sleeve and picked up the note and picture. I went back and handed them to Olivia. She looked over them while furrowing her eyebrows. Her eyes widened as she finished reading the note and looking at the picture.

"What the hell!" She yelled. I brought my finger to my lips and shushed her loudly. "You need to tell my brother about this." She said and I raised an eyebrow.

"Really, Olivia?" I asked. "You really think I'm going to talk to him about this?"

"Someone has to know."

"Anyone but him." I rolled my eyes. Just thinking about him made my head hurt.

"Either you tell someone this is happening or I tell Orion." She pointed at me.

I glared at her. "You can't do that. It's not fair."

"I'm trying to help you."

"You're being such a great help!" I said enthusiastically. My fake enthusiastic expression fell right away. "I don't need your help, Olivia. I can deal with this myself without you getting in the way." I know that was uncalled for but I was still in shock and mad at the whole situation.

"Ouch, Rayna. I was trying to be nice." Hurt was spread throughout her face.

"No," I stated. "You feel pity for me. I don't want you to pity me. I've gone my whole life without people feeling sorry for me and I can continue living my life like that."

She opened her mouth and closed it again, not finding words to say. "Just drop it."
______________________________________

Thoughts?

Who thinks Rayna should let Olivia help her?

I don't know what's been happening with me lately. I haven't been doing as well as I would like in history. I study for my tests, pay attention in class, and do my work and stuff but the information will not stick. I have another test on monday and I'm making sure I take better and more notes so I can study better.

Anyways I'll see y'all in the next chapter.