Chapter 33

Rayna's POV

"I do deserve someone better." I agreed with him. I'm not going to lie, I was kind of shocked that he admitted that I deserved someone better. Once I said that, a look of regret washed over his features, as if he regretted saying that.

"But it doesn't mean I'll let you go. I can be better if you just give it another try." I shook my head and pulled my hand out of his.

"I can't risk being hurt again."

"You know I regret everything. Just trust me." He assured.

I looked him straight in the eye when I said this, "I don't think I'm capable of trust anymore." He looked baffled by my words. His mouth fell open.

"You trust everyone else." He pointed in a general direction next to him.

"No one here has given me a reason not to." I raised my voice slightly. "You on the other hand have given me endless reasons."

"Well what am I supposed to do then?" He threw his arms in the air.

I shrugged. "That's not my problem. If you want my trust, you have to earn it back." I said. "And I will let you know. It will not be easy."

"I don't care how long it takes. I just want you to know how sorry I am." He said. He had a genuine look of sadness on his face.

"I'm aware." I said while turning around and leaving him.

I wrapped my arms around myself and continued to go downstairs and into the kitchen.

"What took you so long?" Charles said from behind me as I got out ingredients to make a sandwich.

"Can you guess? I'm sure it's obvious by now." I mumbled.

"Orion?"

"Orion." I confirmed. "He wants to start over."

"So?" He asked. "Why don't you?" I shook my head.

"It's not that easy to forgive someone when they've done so much to hurt you." I said as I took a bite from my now finished sandwich. I swallowed before continuing. "Especially if it's someone you trusted with all your heart before you even knew who they were?"

"Yeah...," he drew out. "I get that. He's done a lot to hurt you but sometimes you have to step in other people's shoes."

"What else is there to know?"

"You don't know much about him, aside from your experiences here and what you've heard." He was right. But still, that doesn't and shouldn't justify what he's done wrong. "If you knew what motivated him to do everything he did, it could change your mind."

"What motivated him, Charles." I snapped. "What could possibly go through anyone's head to motivate them to do dumb shit like that?" I shoved the last of my sandwich in my mouth.

"I can't tell you. It's not something I should share." He confessed. "It's up to Orion whether or not he wants to tell you. But you won't understand fully until you know."

"You shou-" I was quick to respond but Charles was even faster.

"I'm not justifying his actions, if that's what you were going to say." He said, reading my mind. "Sure, he should have gone about the situation a different way but to be honest, he was scared. Not only for himself, but for everyone in the pack." I arched my eyebrow.

"Orion? The Alpha Orion Bloodmoon? Scared?" I let out a giggle. "That's funny."

"You'll find out one day." He shrugged.

"I'm going to work on my powers again. Wanna come?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Sure." He said.

"Let's go." I nodded my head in the direction of the door before I started walking to it. I opened the door and went outside, Charles behind me.

Once we reached the edge of the forest, I hid behind a bush and took my clothes off before shifting into my pure white wolf.

It's been a bit. Isla said in my mind.

It has.

I took in the fresh air. I loved how the forest smelt.

I came out from behind the bush with my clothes in my mouth to meet Charles who was in his ashy brown wolf form. I nodded my head in the direction of the field we went to the first time before I started running in the same direction. He followed behind me.

I let Isla take full control and enjoyed the satisfying crunch of leaves was heard under me as I ran. My fur whipped around in the wind. I could tell Isla was happy to finally be in control again.

We arrived within an hour to the field. I shifted back into my human form behind a bush and put my clothes back on before coming out to meet Charles.

I set up my trash targets in rows with help from Charles. I then backed away and gave Charles a look.

"I would back away if I were you. It would be a shame if I accidentally impaled you with an icicle." I laughed. "Or burn you to a crisp." I added. He laughed as he backed away.

I extended my hand and aimed my palm towards the first piece of trash I had set up. I imagined the cold embracing me in a cold breeze. I felt my body go cold as a stream of ice escaped my palm and hit the target head on.

I smiled to myself in pride and aimed my hand to another target. This time, I felt the warmth around me embrace me. I tunned out everything. The breeze whistling through the trees, my hair floating, following the direction the wind is going.

I heard faint shouting before something rammed into me, sending me flying. I hit the ground, head first and let out a grunt. My visions clouded then unclouded over and over until I finally recovered from the impact.

I sat up to find Charles in his wolf form trying to fight off three other wolves.

I got up and onto my feet and ran over to where Charles and the wolves were fighting. I jumped and shifted in mid air before landing on top of one of the wolves. I managed to land a bite in the wolfs abdomen before it howled in pain and threw me off. A waterfall of crimson was gushing out of its wound. I pounced on it again, this time landing a bite on its throat. It wriggled under my grip which only made me bite down harder. I kept increasing pressure until I heard a satisfying snap and the corpse went limp in my jaw. Blood stained the fur around my mouth. I let go of the limp body and turned around to see one of the other two wolves running towards me. It snapped its jaw at me as I went to move out of the way but it caught my left, hind leg. I lost balance and fell over, my leg still in the wolfs jaw. It scrunched its face up and tightened its hold before shaking its head. I howled as unbearable pain rippled throughout my leg.

After a couple of seconds of pain, the wolf was ripped off of me. I layed their in my own blood, unable to move. Charles came to my side. I heard his voice say something. It sounded too faint for me to hear as I was concentrated on the pain.
______________________________________

This... this doesn't look too good. Am I right?

Different is almost at 10 thousand views! That's insane. I know I say this way too much but Thank you too everyone who takes their time to read my book!

I'll probably start editing Different after the book is completely finished. There's some spicy stuff coming up. (not like that if that's what y'all were thinking. I meant spicy as in exciting just to clarify.)

I'll try to update the next chapter within the next couple of days. No promises though. I've been caught up in tests and school work. I am doing way better in history. In fact, I just aced a test in that class.

Anyways I'll see y'all in the next chapter.