Chapter 22

The next few days were the same. Ace had finally came to visit me. I wasn't mad that he hasn't visited me before because I understood that he had work to do. After all, not everything is about me.

Doctor Jenny had done the tests on me to make sure I was fine. They all came back with positive results. My wounds are starting to heal faster but I still haven't heard from Isla. She is probably still heart broken. I haven't tried to talk to her either. She needed space and I felt bad.

I really smelt bad. I haven't showered for about a month. I haven't been able to since I've been in the dungeon, then the hospital. The first thing I was going to do once I'm out of here is shower.

Speaking of getting out of here, the doctor said I can leave when my wounds heal enough that I won't need bandages anymore.

I've come to hate this place. I'm stuck to staring at a sterile white wall and medical supplies. The beeping of the heart monitor is really annoying.

The door opened again. It was probably Orion again. He's been trying to talk to me over and over again but I've been ignoring him. He's the last person I want to talk to right now.

"You alright?" He asked before I heard the door close. I obviously ignored him and stared at the wall once more. I could feel his irritation radiating off of him.

He groaned. I could picture him running his hand through his hair.

"Look, I made a mistake." He finally said.

Hell yeah you did. And not just one. I purposely said it through the link to make him mad. Surprisingly, he kept his cool.

"I know I did. I screwed up really bad." He said admittingly. I could tell it was really difficult for him to admit this to me.

And what do expect me to do? I snapped. You want me to forget everything you've ever done and just look at you like you're the best person to ever walk this earth? I asked. Nuh uh buddy, it's not as easy as it seems.

"I'm not expecting that from you." He yelled. "I don't expect anything from you." He finished in a quieter tone.

Good. Because you're not going to get anymore effort from me as easily as before.

"I want to start over. I don't think either of us are ready to be together but maybe as friends?"

I couldn't trust him. I didn't trust him. How did I know he was going to change? That's right. I didn't know. I didn't know whether he was going to change or not. I wasn't really up for heart break again. I already put too much effort in on my end, why would I continue without any guarantees of positive results?

I couldn't tell if he was lying or not. I don't think I want to risk it anyway.

You're lying. This wasn't necessarily the truth or a lie. I didn't want him to break me down more than he already had.

"I'm not lying." He said. Something about his voice didn't sound correct. I turned around to look at him. His hair was messy from him constantly running his hands through it. He had bags under his eyes. His eyes. They were gold. I turned back around while rolling my eyes.

I should have known it was you. I spat. Tears welded up in my eyes. No. You're better than this Rayna. Why would you cry for him now? I wiped the tears away with my hands.

They hurt less since they almost healed completely.

Ori-Daren sighed. "Maybe Orion isn't willing to try but I am." I rolled my eyes again.

Who's the one in control of Orion's body most of the time? Orion is. And also, you would have stopped him if you really wanted to try to get on my good side.

"There's no stopping him, Rayna. He's an alpha and you know how they are."

Daren, you're literally the same person. You're both Alphas.

"Well yeah but-" I cut him off, turning around abruptly to meet his eyes. I wore a cold glare.

"But what!" I snapped. It didn't come out right since this is the first time I've spoken in a while. It still hurt to speak but not as much.

Daren seemed taken aback by my sudden outburst. His eyes were flickering from his normal blue eyes to gold. Orion was trying to get back in control.

"I thought you'd learn by now. But maybe not." Orion was back. With his stupid smirk that I wanted to slap off his face. But we all know what happened last time I did that. "Maybe I need something more to make you listen." He said as he walked up to the bed. My heart was starting to beat faster. His smirk grew into an evil grin as he heard the heart monitor speed up. He put his face next to mine and whispered, "I could take something that you care about. Or rather, someone." My heart raced even faster at his words. "Your family? Perhaps your whole pack while I'm at it?" I glared at him.

"You wouldn't." I stated.

"Oh but I would." He said as he pulled away from my face. "I've taken over whole packs before. What makes you think I won't do it this time?"

"Because we're-"

"Mates?" He finished for me, chuckling as he did so. "I never considered us as mates." He walked out of the room, leaving me alone.
______________________________________

Woohoo! 2k!! Thank you to everyone who has taken time to read my book and has seen all my hard work!! I really appreciate it!

I've been so proud of myself lately because ie been so productive and I have been managing my life and time in and out of school. I've also been uploading frequently because you guys are what motivate me to keep writing.

It might be too early for this but if anyone wants to make a cover for Different, please message me here on Wattpad and I'll send you an email to send the cover to. Thanks!

Anyways I'll see y'all in the next chapter.