Chapter 23

A couple days later.

Doctor Jenny was helping me up from the odly comfortable hospital bed. It was finally my time to leave the stupid place. She took off the last cord that was attached to me.

"Careful." She laughed as I darted up and immediately felt dizzy. I had lost my balance but she caught me before I fell over. I stood up again and took some steps, getting the feeling of walking back.

"Goddess it's been a while." I said. The door to the room opened and I was met with Olivia's face. She seemed happy to see me as she had a huge grin on her face.

"Rayna!" She yelled, running over to me. She embraced me and I nearly fell over again on impact. I was taken aback but wrapped my arms around her nonetheless. "You're awake." She breathed out. She pulled away and scrunched her nose up. "You smell." She waved her hand in front of her face.

"Gee thanks. Blame your stupid brother for that one." I said with a little humor but mostly venom laced in my voice.

"Don't even remind me of him!" She threw her hands in the air. "He still owes me a well deserved ass beating."

She continued to rant for a minute or two. "Olivia."

"Who does he think he is!" She threw her hands in the air once more. "I'm going to-to. Ugh! I don't know what I'm going to do. But it sure won't be very appealing."

"Olivia!"

"What!" She yelled while glaring at me. Her expression softened once she saw me. "Oh. Sorry. I tend to enter a ranting trance when I'm mad."

"I can tell." We both laughed at that.

"Anywho. Let's not sour up our day by thinking about my dumbass of a brother." She said. "Is she good to go doc?"

"All good. Just don't strain yourself Rayna." Doctor Jenny smiled.

"Thank you so much for tending to me." I told her with a smile. "Can I give you a hug?"

"Of course." She walked over to me and I embraced her. She wrapped her arms around me. After a couple seconds, we pulled apart.

I open the door, only to be met with the devil himself. I tried to get passed him but he blocked the entrance way.

"Do you mind." Olivia tried to push him as well.

"Why yes, I do mind little sister." He easily pushed her aside. "You're blocking me from getting to my mate." My eyes widened at his words.

"Are for real right now!" I yelled. "I thought you 'never considered us as mates'." I repeated his exact words in a baby voice, mocking him. "What are you, bipolar? Get out of my way." I said as I pushed past him successfully. Him and Olivia followed behind me as I made my way to my room, which wasn't too far.

I finally got there, thankful that no one saw me like this.

"Rayna." Both Orion and Olivia spoke.

"What!" I yelled, turning around and throwing my hands in the air.

"Leave me be! I'm 17 freaking years old, almost an adult. I can do things without you guys being in my tail. Especially you." I pointed at Orion. "You're the last one I want in my line of sight." I opened the door to my room, entered, and slammed the door behind my, locking it in the process.

I went over to the suitcase that was still in the same place as where I had left it. I opened it and took out new clothes. I then went to the bathroom and turned on the hot water. I took my rancid clothes off and jumped in. I sighed as the water hit my back, soothing my aching muscles. I looked down to see the water turn a muddy pink as dirt and blood mixed into it. I shuddered at the thought of it being my blood.

I finished cleaning myself up after a while and shut the water off, wrapping the towel around myself. It felt so refreshing to finally be clean. I dried myself off before putting my clothes on. I then brushed my teeth and finished everything else up that people normally do in the bathroom.

After doing so, I made my way down stairs to eat something. I was starving beyond belief even though I had been given everything I needed through the IV.

People stared at me in shock, probably not expecting to have seen me. Orion must not have told them where I have been. He probably did, he most likely just lied about it.

I went to the kitchen and fixed myself a bowl of cereal. I sat down at the bar and started eating.

I sighed in content after taking the first bite. It felt so nice to finally be able to eat and not feel the cold feeling of liquid nutrients coursing through my veins.

You okay? I tried to reach out to Isla because I missed having her sarcastic remarks and attitude. I missed her annoying and mocking me every second.

Yeah. She said softly and sadly. Her reply shocked me. I wasn't expecting her to respond. I was happy she did though.

I know you're not. I'm not okay either but we need to stick together and help eachother out. It's the only way we are going to make it out. I said, trying to convince myself too. She didn't respond after that and I wasn't expecting her to. I decided to let her be. Some people cope with things differently than others.

Theres been a lot that has happened within the last month and a half. Meeting Orion, getting rejected, being put in the dungeon and soon after, the hospital in a coma. It's been a lot for me and I'm surprised I haven't died yet from the stress, anger, and pain. I guess I'm just someone that doesn't give up.

I finished my bowl and got up to put it in the sink where I started to wash it. Once I was done, I set it on the drying rack to dry.

I made my way back upstairs to my room. I looked in my mirror and there was a piece of paper taped onto it. I picked it up and was haunted by what was on it.

'Daddy isn't here to protect you from me this time.
-A'
______________________________________

If you hate me for-leaving-a-cliff- hanger clap your hands. *clap, clap*

I love being evil. *insert evil laugh here*

Anywho, just when you thought things couldn't get any worse, this happens. (Sorry, not sorry.)

I still don't know how many more chapters this book will have but it's probably over 20 more. I have an outline of how the book is supposed to go but I add things in between so its not short and boring.

Anyways I'll see y'all in the next chapter.