(106) - meredith's christmas trap

Start from the beginning

It felt too unrealistic, thought Meredith. Yet her little wish couldn't wait.

After what felt like hours of waiting in the cold December morning, little Meredith stood in front of the old man. His white, long beard barely covered his chin and mouth, the white string that held the pieces together clearly visible.

That wasn't Santa.

"Are you going to sit on Santa's lap? There are kids that wait as well, little girl.", Santa told her and little Meredith raised an eyebrow.

Olivia had baby Alex in her arms and Harry tried to hide the frown on his face as the words were spoken.

"I wish you didn't speak to her like that-"

"Whatever. You're just a fake sack of potatoes.", little Meredith told the old man and took the end of the beard between her two fingers and pulled it.

"Let's just go. You'll hear from my lawyer.", she added and turned around walking away, leaving everyone who was watching speechless.

"I bet she heard that from you.", Harry heard Olivia say after he finished blushing and chuckling.

_____________

Harry talked to little Meredith after they arrived home safely.
It wasn't really a conversation, because all Meredith got was a high five and a kiss on the cheek.

He was proud and she was proud as well.

The day before Christmas, little Meredith jumped around, watched tv nonstop, played with Alex and Finn the Dog and tried to help her parents as much as she could.
All just to make her impossibly tired, so she could go to bed and wake up early without a problem.

Little Meredith was very excited to meet Santa. She couldn't have written her wish on a paper and send it to him just like that. It needed to be handled with care.

"Promise me you won't stay awake for Santa, baby.", Harry tucked little Meredith, the words made her pout.
"Of course I won't promise you that.", Harry raised an eyebrow at her words.

"He won't bring the presents you asked for if you wait for him like that. You're in the list of the good kids, don't mess it up."

Meredith brought her stuffed hedgehog and pushed it against his cheek without an apparent reason.
"I didn't ask for anything, so it won't be a problem.", Harry rolled his eyes and pushed the blanket over her body once again.

"Sleep, little sassy genius."
"Yes, sir."

_____________

The little bell that was tied with a long wire started to make very loud noises.
Her eyes shot open as an excited smile appeared on her face.

"It's him!", little Meredith whispered excitedly to her hedgehog.
The little girl heard muffled screams and the big smile couldn't be wiped away.

Her little feet carried her to the living room where she had set her trap the night before.
Her eyes lit up at the sight of a lost red Santa hat on the floor.

He's here!
He's here!
He's here!

Her stuffed animal was pressed even harder against her chest, even if there was no real fear around.