(7) - baby award

baby award part 1

_____________

"Harry my brother!", Liam exclaimed happily as he spotted the tall figure.
"Liam!", they hugged when Liam walked closer to them.
Liam's eyes fell to the small girl that held Harry's long leg.

"Oh and you must be, Princess Meredith!", he bent down and caressed baby Meredith's soft cheek.
"Yes, that would be me.", she said proudly and then jumped in Liam's arms.
"It's an honour meeting you, Princess.", he said bowing, after they stayed in each other's arms.

"It's also an honour to me, meeting you sir Liam.", she also bowed, and the little tiara that was put on her head fell a bit and Harry fixed it, without thinking twice.
Liam smiled at the two.

"Harry! Harry! Meredith!", people screamed from different directions.
Baby Meredith looked around curiously, grabbing Harry's hand and Liam's.

"Where are the others?", Harry asked Liam, keeping under his eye his little girl, who looked absolutely terrified by all the flashes and the screaming people who craved for pictures.
"Niall's here somewhere, while Louis...", he cupped his chin.
"I truly don't know. Probably with Niall.", he laughed.

"Let's go.", Harry picked baby Meredith up and with Liam by their side, they started walking towards the place where all the flashes and screaming came from.
Baby Meredith hid her face in the crook of Harry's neck.

"Harry, not to be rude or anything, but why did you bring her? This is a mess, mate. She's too little for this.", Liam motioned with his head towards the photographers.

"Liam, she needs to know how it is. I don't want her to be scared the day she discovers all of this. Even though you're kind of right.", Harry stopped talking letting a deep breath out.
"She's still a baby a-and she should be having fun...", "Not worry about the shit that's happening around."

They had to pose.
Harry didn't want to force his baby into anything.
"Baby girl..."
"Hmm.", baby Meredith murmured, still hiding her face from the universe.
"Do you want to take pictures?", he carefully asked.
She nodded in between Harry's strong arms and with Liam by their side, they posed.

As the flash hit the baby's face, she instantly hid her head once again to its previous spot, feeling suddenly dizzy.

"You okay little one?", Liam took her tiny hand and kissed the back of it.
She shook her head.
"Matter of time.", he whispered to himself.

They started walking away.
Obviously, the photographers started protesting, they wanted more from the already so famous couple.
And obviously of Liam too.
Liam shook his head to them, while Harry covered Meredith's head with his hand.
"You're okay now baby.", Harry continued whispering in her ear.

They finally entered the hall, that Harry entered with his wife five years ago.
It was just the way he remembered it: big and welcoming.

"Let's go sit.", Liam announced and they started heading towards their seats.
"Oi oi!", they turned their heads towards the entrance and saw Louis and Niall jogging towards them, both dressed very well.
Not to forget, Niall had his black glasses on and Louis no socks on his feet.

Even baby Meredith raised her head at the sudded exclamation.
"Lou - Lou and Neil!", Harry let her on her own feet and baby Meredith ran (as she could) towards them, laughing happily.
Louis laughed at the lovely name Niall received from Harry's daughter.
"Lou - Lou.", the baby hugged him tightly and afterwards did the same to Niall.
"We missed you.", Niall kissed her cheek and picked her up to walk with Louis towards the other band mates.

"She looks so much like her.", Louis said quietly to Harry.
He just nodded, keeping his tears, not wanting to cry in front of his princess.

People started entering the hall more often, people from all ages and everyone with their own look.
More faces were recognizable after every minute that passed.
The familiar face, Harry didn't want to deal with, so he quickly turned around and with his mates found their seats.

"We're at the table.", Louis said and they all nodded.
"Princess, you sit on uncle Niall's lap. It's comfy and nice.", Niall explained to baby Meredith.
She rolled her eyes and climbed from her seat towards Louis, deciding to sit on his.
She smiled looking at him.

"Aww.", Liam took a picture.

"Oh, Harry!", Kendall Jenner appeared (for no reason, as always) in front of them.
"Ehm, hello.", she looked at his daughter.
"So she's the famous baby.", Kendall looked at her.
"She's so cute.", everybody was still shocked.

"I'm not cute, I'm Meredith.", baby Meredith said, not even thinking about offering a smile to the woman who troubled her mummy's life.
Kendall's smile faded.
"Right.", "You okay guys?", she asked the others.
"We will be when you go away.", Niall said giving her a fake smile, which made baby Meredith laugh.

"You laugh about the others, little girl? Didn't mummy teach you that's not the righ-"
"Fucking stop right now.", Harry stood up from his seat and suddenly some eyes caught the scene.
"You don't talk to my daughter like that!", his fist hit the middle of the table.
"Never again, Jenner. You are absolutely no one to me or to anyone present here! You're just a spoiled girl who likes to ruin everybody's life. And now it'd be very nice if you could get the fuck out of here and to never get close to my family. Again.", his face was red and his veins were popping in his neck, signalling that he truly was angry.

Kendall just nodded quickly and walked away faster than anyone, from the table.

Harry sat back down, not daring to look at anyone.
"I-I have to go to the bathroom. Sorry guys.", he quickly stood up and took the way that reminded him of that day.
The corridor, it was all too familiar.
The one thing that was missing, was her.
Harry needed her.
Someone he could get comfort from.

Just her.

He found the corridor he ran through five long years ago, and the familiar wall.
He sat down, his back against the wall that was used by her.
"I'm so sorry.", he cried in his hands.
"I promised you to be strong. For you, for me and for our baby. I can't. Not anymore.", Harry sobbed.
"I'm so sorry, Olivia I love you so-"

"Daddy?", baby Meredith found him, touching the wall.
"Baby...", he quickly dried the tears up with a tissue.
"Why are you crying?", she sat next to him.
"I'm not.", he tried to show her his dimples, but simply failed.

"Daddy she is proud. She's always been, right?
Well, she is even prouder for what you did for your family tonight."
"You showed her who you are.", she showed him her fists and Harry raised an eyebrow.
"Well, not exactly like this...", she laughed.

"We're all grateful for what you've done, daddy. I love you. We love you, mummy included.", baby Meredith jumped in his arms and hugged him.
"Don't be sad."
"Who's gonna take care of me then?"

"Me obviously.", Harry laughed and hugged her even tighter.
"That's my daddy!", they shared some kisses that were placed on each part of their faces and then decided to go with the lads to eat a good burger and go to sleep.

_____________

Hello!
What a long chapter!

I don't even know what this chapter is, but I'm very proud of it!
I hope you liked it as much as I did!
Leave a star and comment your favourite part!

Love you lots,
belle. xx

. . .

Published the 5th of August 2018.