Lekha 84

I stayed awake late in the night, my thoughts oscillating between the rooftop revelations and figuring out the solution to the problems my friends would face when they returned.

Vaishali was slumbering peacefully when I returned. So much for thinking that she would actually worry about me. But I was a true friend and that's what friends do... ' worry about friends'.

I had sorted out the problems they might face on this side of the time portal, using pouts and pleads. Rudra had agreed although reluctantly to escort them safely to Amer and see them through all obstacles they might have otherwise faced.

'We' minus the distracting edition of Rudra had planned it all out for the smooth transition of my friends. After the confessions, it had been quite difficult to keep him focused especially where Anil was concerned. It was in the name of Vaishali's would be discomforts, that he agreed to some of my suggestions which would have made Anil's life comfortable too in parallel.

All that was left was to smoothen out the difficulties they would be facing once they reached back. My Will and my disappearance could raise accusatory questions against them. There was no way that Rudra would let me go back to solve it and no way that Mr Jaiswani would ever let me travel back.

After several brain wrecking ideas, I was suddenly struck with the idea whose brilliance seemed to be foolproof to me at least at this moment of my life. Then again you couldn't guarantee the certainty of life itself.

With that great thought in my mind, I hugged my friend as if for the last time and went back to sleep.

I was woken up quite early by none other than Rudra as he knocked persistently on the door calling my name softly.

I woke up grumbling at being disturbed so rudely early in the morning. I opened the door and looked at him with blurry eyes wishing to strangle him. All that changed as I met the new Rudra who smiled from ear to ear and hugged me tightly.

" I missed you," he said softly.

Before I could respond.

"I missed you too jijosa(brother in law)" I heard Vaishali giggle from the bed with her eyes closed dramatically with her hands.

I scowled at her even though she couldn't see me.

"Can I open my eyes now."

"Yes, Vaishali kindly do so."

I turned towards Rudra with urgency in my tone and said " Can you send Anil here before he goes down for breakfast?".

Wrong question. I saw Rudra frown down at me. I cussed at my brain for not being able to form a proper safe sentence.

"I mean ... I want to meet him and Vaishali to discuss the situation they would face when they reach back home. I was trying to figure out the solution to the problem which might arise due to my absence. "

I said in a pacifying tone while slowly patting his chest as we do with a child who was on the verge of throwing a tantrum.

He looked down at me quietly as if trying to read my mind.

"I will be there too. I might add some important input to your solution."

I quickly nodded my head giving up. I had no solution to that kind of jealousy.

After finishing their morning ablutions, everyone gathered in my room. Each of them had a different set of expressions on their face. Vaishali looked teary-eyed, Anil was sombre and Rudra... well, he was keeping an eye on Anil which I found sweet but irritating at the same time.