Lekha 39

Ministrations from both Rudra and maasa seemed to have cooled down taisa.

"Don't reproach yourself Mahadevi. I know it's all Rudra's fault. You love him too much to deny him anything" taisa said giving a mock slap on Rudra's shoulder.

"You have always been the support system of our family. I can never accuse you of ever going wrong. I don't mind what the children do till the time no one accuse our family of losing their values".

I could see all the love pouring out of taisa's eyes for maasa. Though she had orthodox views, full credit had to be given to her for trying to excuse her children where she felt she could be lenient without harming the reputation of the family. Then again my feelings for her changed as I saw her in a new light and declared her company as quite livable, in my mind.

"Lekha dear don't let my words cower you down. I was just a bit taken aback by your dress. Come here sit beside me. Rudra, move aside and make space. I am still not done with you. I will talk to you later. "

I smirked at Rudra, a childish part of me wanted to stick out my tongue at him but then in this world I was considered an almost adult. I coyly sat beside taisa feeling like a person who got a surprise promotion. Taisa put her hand on my head and smiled.

"I can never be really angry with Mahadevi's daughter. If she is able to ingrain even half of her values in you I will feel proud to have a daughter-in-law like you. Not that I am not happy to get a daughter like you as you are right now".

I could sense her generosity towards me in that last line. In a way it was a relief for me that I didn't have to struggle much trying to find ways and means to please her. I made a resolution right there that if she was being so benevolent towards me, I would also try my level best to learn the ways of life here and make her proud. Even if it was for a short span, at least she would think fondly of me after I had vanished. I still wondered about when I might be transported back suddenly. I could make no head or tail of how I got here and what would trigger the 'back to the future' path.

 I could make no head or tail of how I got here and what would trigger the 'back to the future' path

Holi the festival of colors

"A week from today is Holi (an Indian festival of colors) jeeji, have you decided how we will celebrate this time? This is the first Holi of our lado (darling daughter) with us" said maasa looking at me, radiating love through her eyes.

"Oh! Yes... how could I forget? We will make it a grand celebration. We have to surpass all the Holis' lado had celebrated previously in her wanderings."Pride filled taisa's voice as she looked confident that I would indeed be surprised by the outcome. I smiled widely at her, nodding my head in happiness. Holi had always been my favorite festival, especially the part where we played with water.