Lekha 43

Rudra :)

My eyes kept flitting towards the entrance of the house as I waited for Rudra and then he did make an entrance which took my breath away. He seemed to have surprised others too. I could hear whispers with contents like looking quite different, had stopped dressing like this, what brought about the change and lastly much to my embarrassment I could hear my name being whispered too in this regard.

He was dressed in Rajputana finery with a pearl necklace around his neck. He had shaved off the light beard which he had let grow in the past few days. The surprising part was that even in the palace he had not dressed up like this considering that it was the occasion of a royal wedding. He threw a huge smile at everyone and then raised his brow in question when nobody seemed to move. My heart fluttered madly seeing him smile. Now all he had to do was carry me away on a white horse and my day would be made.

"What happened? It seems you people are seeing me for the first time. Come on .... I am your very own Rudra. Don't you recognize me?" He laughed.

That got everyone laughing and looking here and there with embarrassment

That got everyone laughing and looking here and there with embarrassment. Taisa's eyes filled with unshed tears, seeing her son looking back to the way he was before the dark period of their lives. Rudra went towards his parents and as he bent forward to touch their feet for blessings on the occasion, taisa stopped him. Rudra looked up at her in surprise.

"Lekha come here lado(darling for girls). Now you are a couple so you should always touch feet together specially on festive occasions" reminded taisa beckoning me towards her. Her annotation about us being a couple still had the capability to make me blush. I think it was the way she said it, making it so intimate.

I avoided looking at Rudra as I moved towards her. We touched her feet together.

"May God always keep both of you happy together just like this. You have brought happiness in my Rudra's life Lekha. I can't thank you enough. I had lost all hope..." Taisa started sobbing as she said this. Rudra hugged her to soothe her down, while I stood there feeling like a cheat. I wanted to say that nothing much had changed in our relation and we were just friends, but I didn't want to spoil the moment for them.