Lekha 41

"That was indeed a very hard question I asked it seems" Rudra stated in an expressionless voice.

"No! No... I mean it's just my head. Must be the sun." I said shaking my head as I put on a bright cheery smile on my face to show unconcern."Please do tell what is happening below. Lajo had been able to explain little bits and pieces." That at least was true, since Lajo seemed to have been taking interest in all, for the very first time with me.

He slid closer to me, as he tried to explain the process. I could smell a hint of rose and sandal wood on him. He must have been working alongside the villagers I assumed but didn't dare ask.

 He must have been working alongside the villagers I assumed but didn't dare ask

Tesu flowers

"Those big vats you see over the fire have tesu flowers boiling inside it. Later it will be cooled and we will get saffron colored water... The women there with poles are pounding on the dried rose leaves for making gulal (dried color)... those people there... "

His proximity was affecting me so bad that I seemed to have lost my sense of hearing. My whole concentration was on the points where his body touched mine as he leaned towards me. I sat on the tree branch towards the edge of the terrace and he could see below only by looking over me. I felt difficulty in trying to control my breathing lest my breathe touched him. My heart thudded violently. I wondered if even he could hear the thundering drums rolling, sitting so close to me.

"Lekha! ... Lekha ... what happened?" I heard Rudra's voice close to my ears. He must have asked me something which I had been too absorbed to hear. My eyes focused back on him in an effort to concentrate.

He must have seen the troubled look in my eyes as he asked "Are you alright?"

He put his palm on my cheek as if to check my temperature. I felt like melting into his palm but the concerned look on his face got me back to my senses. I didn't feel confident enough to reply back to him so simply nodded my head.

"The sun must have really got to you. Why didn't you tell me... you silly girl? Do you think I would have minded you going down if you were not feeling well"? His palm still held my cheek lightly sending tingling sensations to my cheeks. I blushed red at my thoughts. I was behaving like a hormonal teenager. 'Grow up Lekha' I reprimanded myself.

I quickly straightened myself as I jumped down from the branch. I decided to take the leeway he had given me.

"Yes it must be the sun. I better go inside" I said softly.

"I will come with you" said Rudra jumping down from the branch.

"No. I will be fine. I will just lie down a bit" I said turning away my head, not wanting him to see my expressions.

"No. I will take you to your room myself and then send one of the girls to help you" said Rudra holding my hand in support. I felt extremely guilty at that.