The List

Not a chapter but a carefully thought of list

1)Solar powered torch

2)Postcard size pictures of all the photographs I had taken and one of Vaishali and me and also my parents. I planned to leave one set with Vaishali too as a memento.

3)I planned to buy a cook book with all the Mughlai and Rajasthani recipes in case I had to cook. A book in' Hindi' I wrote on the sidelines as it was very important that I knew the names of the ingredients in Hindi.

4)I planned to take all of my jewelry with me.

5)Two pairs of authentic Rajasthani dress, since I had brought nothing except the one I had worn and the other which I had changed into. Both were lying in my almirah now cleaned up and ironed but I didn't know what circumstance I might face and it was always best to be prepared.

6)A proper hand mirror with more visibility.

7)A few sets of graphite pencils and a light weight notebook as my diary.

8)A few granola bars in case I could not source food.

I knew that at least Rupa's aunt would support me but then again, I had disappeared without saying anything to her and didn't know how she would react. There was also a tiny bit of doubt in my mind whether I would return back to the same time line and that thought itself was quite scary.

9)I didn't have good navigation skills so a compass and a map, even though modern would be a great help. I planned to mark the coordinates of all the places I thought important and take notes, in case I got the opportunity to explore like a nomad. 

I had planned to set out on my own in case  things didn't go according to plan.

In all I had lot of research work to do and store in my memory box , 'the brain'. Going wrong with information would be disastrous if left 'alone' to fend for myself . I had planed to take a small dagger with me but I knew the security people at the fort might confiscate it. Stealing one was always an option when I reached the 'other side'. Those people definitely had plenty of them I decided and won't miss one. 

Hope I didn't miss out on anything :)