Chapter forty-three

A/N: I did my best to start and finish this chapter as soon as possible so please enjoy this (sort of) double update! ❤️

Billie?

I scan my surroundings for the source of the voice. I stop short when my gaze lands on those familiar crystal blue eyes that I fell in love with. I feel the tension drain from my body as a soft smile lifts the corners of my lips.

"Billie," I whisper, and her eyes snap to mine.

"Erin."

"What the fuck is she doing here?" Allie's sharp voice cuts through my daze, and I reluctantly shift my attention back to her.

"She is gonna make you regret talking to my girl like that." Billie growls, taking a threatening step forward, and I watch in satisfaction as Allie automatically moves back.

"Oh, yeah?" She taunts, recovering from her shock, a condescending look on her face. "What are you gonna do?"

"What am I gonna do?" Billie repeats darkly, raising an eyebrow, "this."

Reaching forward, Billie snatches the phone from Allie's grasp, and smoothly drops it into a strangers cup, as they drunkenly stumble pass.

"You bitch!" Allie shrieks, "you fucking broke my phone!"

Billie just shrugs, and with a last unimpressive glare, Allie chases after the random teenager, with Mia at her heels.

Before I can comment on her actions, I'm being dragged away by the wrist as Billie weaves in and around the packed bodies on the dance floor.

Finally making it outside, I breath in the crisp night air, shivering lightly at the cold. Without a word, Billie drapes her jacket across my shoulders and I pull it close, finding relief in the warmth it provides.

"Thank you," I murmur and she nods her head distractedly.

We sit on the curb outside the front in silence, the deafening volume of the music can still be clearly heard from the house.

"I'm sorry- " She starts, but I'm already shaking my head.

"You don't have to apologize," I tell her quietly, "I should've just called you, you had every right to be jealous, and instead of considering how you felt I overreacted."

"You didn't overreact," Billie replies, immediately disagreeing, "I knew I could trust you, but I still accused Mia of wanting to try something."

"But I- "

"No, listen, Erin I should've- "

"Okay, okay stop," I laugh, shaking my head, "we could go on like this forever."

We fall into an easy silence, our shoulders touching lightly as we sit side by side.

"How are you even here, Bil?" I eventually ask, looking over at her.

"You weren't answering my calls." She says and then adds after a short pause, "or Finneas' for that matter, so I took the first flight out."

"I just needed to see you. I let own thoughts convince me that when you didn't return my calls, you didn't want anything to do with me. That you were happier here, happier alone. And I know that you deserve so much better, but I don't know what I'd do without you."

I shake my head at the absurdity of her words, and cup her face in my hands, softly pressing her lips against mine. I can feel her melt under my touch, and she tightens her hold on me, deepening the kiss.

I break apart from her a few seconds later, our noses still touching as we struggle to slow our breathing. Our breath mingles in the small space between us, and I revel in the feeling of being back in Billie's arms.

Her presence makes me homesick for the life I used to have with her, just a short month ago.

"I want to go home, Billie." I say, tears pooling in my eyes.

"Then lets go home baby." She replies, pressing a kiss to the top of my head. She wraps her arms around me and I settle into the crook of her neck, letting the stress of the past month without her slip away.

A/N: Ik this was short but thank you for reading!

There's either gonna be 2 chapters left or like 10 so we'll see how it goes lmao

Much love, Isabel 💕