Chapter thirty-four

I wake up Billie an hour later when my alarm sounds, so that she can get ready for her interviews. As much as I tried to drift off, my mind refused to settle.

The text itself seemed harmless enough, but I know my mother, and I know that she doesn't have any innocence intentions for our 'talk'. But how could I possibly explain that without just sounding paranoid?

I was just at a complete loss as to why she wanted to talk. After ignoring my existence for who knows how long, she suddenly decides that we need to talk? I mean, what's she trying to do? Break up with me?

I know that dwelling over it will only drive me insane, so I turn off my phone and try to forget about it for now. Hopefully I can talk to Billie about it later and see what she thinks.

After dragging a reluctant Billie out of bed, she got changed and ready to go. Que would be busy getting ready for tonight's performance, so I know exactly where he's going to be for the next few hours. As soon as Billie was left, I head out to pay him a little visit.

____________

"What do you want?" Que asks when I make my way over to him in the empty room, not bothering to hide his obvious annoyance.

"What do I want? For you to leave. But it doesn't look like that's going to happen, so I'd appreciate it if you would just leave my girlfriend alone."

"Girlfriend? Please! Don't make me laugh." He snorts.

"Yes, girlfriend. And I'm getting pretty sick of your shit. So cut it out before you find yourself on a flight back home." I threaten, crossing my arms over my chest.

Did I have the power to send him back home? Definitely not. Was it more impressive to make it sound like I did? Of course.

His expression darkens when I finish speaking and he marches over to where I'm standing, making me stumble backwards. I stop just short of the wall and watch him tower over me. My breathing picks up at his proximity, fear and nerves erupting in my stomach. I clench my hands tightly into fists, refusing to back down as I stare him in the eye.

He pushes a hand roughly against my shoulder making me fall back and I have to catch myself on the wall.

"Just stay out of my fucking way Erin, and maybe I'll stay out of yours. Or else you and I are going to have some serious issues." He hisses venomously, and with that he finally takes a step back, returning to his work and allowing me to breath.

I quickly stand up and escape the room, not caring about the satisfaction it probably brought him, just needing to put space between us.

Well that was a bad idea.

_____________

"Erin, I need to speak with you." Billie announces, arriving back into the hotel room after her interviews had finished.

"What is it?" I ask uneasily, not sure what to make of her tone of voice.

"It's about Que." She says and I freeze.

"What-," I clear my throat, "what about him?"

"I went to talk to him about the situation between him and I, and he mentioned that you stopped by earlier today."

"Yeah I uh just wanted to speak with him.." I trail off not sure what to say it.

"Erin, please. What happened?" Billie asks, something about the look on her face making me feel like she already knows.

I opened my mouth to tell her exactly what happened, but I just couldn't seem to form the words. It felt wrong to come out and say it like this after wanting to be rid of him for so long. Had he actually done anything wrong? Or was I just desperate to pin him as the bad guy?

My thoughts became a jumbled mess, and my words came out not sounding much better.

"We I just went to talk to him.. but I- well he.."

"He what?" Billie asks, her voice dangerously low.

"We argued and he- he pushed me." I eventually admit.

She looks away and takes a deep breath before refocusing her attention on me. Her hands shook with barley controlled anger. "Is that how you hurt you're shoulder?"

"How did you know?"

"Is it?" She presses, ignoring my question.

"Yes." I sigh.

The look in her eyes makes me uneasy and I hesitate, adding. "It's probably not that big a deal, it was only a shove."

Billie shakes her head. "No. Don't do that. If he thinks he can treat you like that and get away with it, he has another thing coming."

Taking a seat beside me on my bed, she cups my cheek in her hand and places a kiss to my forehead. "Don't worry. I'll deal with him."

"Deal with him?" I ask. She seemed to have calmed down but I couldn't be sure.

"Don't worry." She repeats, "I'll be back soon."

I watch her leave with a wary expression, not sure what to expect when she gets back.

_____________

Later that night Billie as always, performed her heart out and I couldn't be prouder. We didn't have a change to speak before the show and the wait to find out what happened was making me extremely anxious.

Afterwards, we sat on the floor in our hotel room with the rest of her family, sorting through the presents she received from fans at the meet and greet.

"How cute!" Says Claudia from the bed, holding up a painting made of the family. I scan the canvas with a smile, my eyes widening when I spot my own face brightly smiling back at me.

"If only I looked that good in real life." I joke, earning a laugh from Claudia and Finneas, who was sitting beside her.

"Nah, you look better." Billie whispers only to me with a wink, making me blush.

While everyone was busy talking amongst themselves, Billie pulls me aside, out of earshot. "I spoke to him."

"You did?"

She nods. "He admitted it. He's leaving tour tomorrow. We've already got a replacement lined up so no harm done."

"How did he take it?"

"Not well at all." She grimaces, making me frown.

"Are you okay?"

"Of course," Billie says looking at me as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "You're my priority Erin. As long as you're happy, I'm happy. Que was making you feel uncomfortable, and that's not okay with me."

I shake my head in disbelief at the words coming out of her mouth and wrap my arms around her neck, "How did I get so lucky?"

"I think you'll find that I'm the lucky one." She murmurs with a smile and leans in.

"Get a room!" Finneas suddenly shouts making us up apart, and Claudia hits him with a pillow.

"This is my room." Billie retorts and he shrugs.

"Whatever, come look at this."

A/N: I felt bad that I hadn't updated in forever so this is a first draft and completely unedited coz I literally just wrote it and pressed publish 😂 so I'm sorry for any mistakes

I kinda feel like the plot is getting a bit messy, especially in this chapter, but I need certain things to happen in order to carry on with the story so this'll have to do.

But thank you all so so much for reading! Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Much love, Isabel 💕