Chapter forty-six

tw: gun mention and gun violence

"What?"

"You heard me," the low voice spits, shoving the gun further into my skin. And I did. I heard him.

Que.

The crew around us had come to a stand still, everyone watching in fear and confusion at the scene playing out before them. The concert continued as usual, Billie and Finneas almost finished with their performance, unaware of what might possibly happen not too far from where they stood.

"Don't move!" Que shouts aggressively when security guards come rushing over. His yells force them to stop, and they're left standing helplessly to the side, unable to move with the threat of injury hanging heavy in the air.

"What do you want, Que?" I ask carefully, clenching my trembling hands into fists at my sides.

"What do I want? What do I want?" He repeats, a hint of hysteria to his voice. "I want you to leave me and Billie alone! Everything was fine until you came along. Billie and I were fine until you came along."

"I'm sorry," I choke, "I didn't mean to take anything from you."

"Bullshit!" He yells, making me flinch.

At this point Goodbye could be heard playing in the background, and my heart started to race, fearing what might happen to Billie if she steps off that stage.

Think, Erin. Think.

"Fine," I start, my voice shaking, "you want me to leave? I'll go."

"You think you can get away that easily?! Just like that?" Que laughs.

I close my eyes, my desperate growing as a single tear races down my cheek. I had no idea how to get out of this.

"Erin?" Speaks a fearful voice, and my eyes snap open to see Billie staring at me, devastation written across her face. "What's going on?"

"Billie," I respond weakly, terrified to speak above a whisper.

"Que?" She says, her gaze drifting to the man stood behind me, "what are you doing?"

Her voice is soft and fearful as she eyes the gun, and I can almost see the cogs turning in her head.

"I'm getting you back," He answers, but his voice reveals his vulnerability upon seeing Billie again.

"Getting me back?" She repeats, taken aback by his answer.

"We belong together, Billie. Erin is just a passing phase. I'm tired of waiting for to realise that you don't actually love her." Que says, but Billie is already shaking her head.

"This isn't you, Que. You're not this person. Don't let yourself become this person." She pleads, her hands held out in front of her.

"I'm doing this for us. She doesn't deserve you! We can be happy together. Just you and me."

Billie hesitates, her eyes flickering down to meet mine for a split second, before refocusing on Que. He catches the movement, and snaps angrily, "Turn around," making me jump.

I release a shaky breath and slowly turn around, careful with my movements. The gun was now being held against my forehead, Que eyeing me with hatred.

"Don't hurt her!" Billie yells desperately, "please." She adds, softening her tone.

"Stop trying to protect her!" He exasperates, "she isn't worth your time."

"Que- " she starts, rejection clear in her tone.

"No!" Angry tears start to form in his eyes, and he glares down at me, "You would really leave me for this?"

He bangs the gun into my forehead, making me stumble back with the force. He follows my clumsy steps, keeping the gun in contact with my head.

"Okay!" Billie says, speaking loudly to gain Que's attention, the panic clear in the shakiness of her voice. She forces it steady as she continues, "Just you and me. Together."

"Really?" I can hear the suspicion as he speaks, but the hope is hard to ignore as well.

"And why should I believe you?" He demands, no longer paying attention to my presence, his entire focus on Billie and the words she was speaking to him.

"Why would I lie to you?" She asks desperately, and I can hear her take a small step forward.

"Don't move!"

"I'm sorry," She whispers.

"Why?" He repeats harshly.

"B-because- ...because I love you." Billie breathes, her voice catches as she speaks, and the pain in her voice makes me want to cry.

Que slowly lowers the gun, his arm inching down from my head, his eyes never leave Billie. I can see it in his eyes, he believes her.

Once the gun is pointing at the ground, surrounding guards charge at him, and I feel as though I'm watching everything happen before me in slow motion.

He fights with the security, throwing punches as he tries to keep the gun in his hand. Threatened by their want to disarm him, he yells profanities as they try to wrestle it from his grip.

Shots ring out as the aim of the gun flies all over the place, people diving to the ground for cover as the struggle continues, and I stumble back, fear making my movements sluggish and slow.

I want to turn around, make sure Billie is okay, but the last and final bullet is fired before the gun is successfully pulled from Que's grasp, and all I can focus on is the searing pain spreading across my abdomen, that grows with every passing second.

I can hear Billie's anguished cry, and feel her arms wrap around me as my legs give out and I fall to my knees.

I don't remember closing my eyes, but when I open them again, I find myself flat on my back, staring up into the crystal blue eyes that I fell so deeply in love with. The sight brings a weak smile to my lips.

"Somebody get help!" Billie screams, tears following freely down her face as she desperately holds pressure to the wound on my stomach.

I can feel my breathing becoming laboured as I fight to catch my breath. My eyelids growing heavier the longer I try to keep my them open.

"Please don't leave me." Billie sobs desperately. "Please, I love you."

"I'm sorry." I wanted to tell her, but I couldn't find the energy to speak. My eyes were losing focus, and I fight to keep my vision clear as I stare up at the love of my life.

"No! No! Erin! Stay with me babygirl, stay with me." I hear her cry, one of her hands cupping my cheek, the other still pressing on my stomach.

But I was already floating, weightless. Dreaming.

A/N: oops lmao

2 more chapters, how we feeling?