XVII

Eddy's been over at Brett's apartment many times but he has never spent the night there. The mid semester break was coming up. They both decided not to go home. To his surprise, Brett had suggested to him that he spend the week at his place.

Oh, the way his face blushed as he stuttered the words out. Eddy thought that he looked cute anyway when he brought up the idea over dinner at their favourite sushi restaurant last weekend.

Brett beamed when Eddy agreed to it. He excitedly listed out all the things he had planned out for them like watching Netflix shows and playing video games, really nothing new from their usual hangouts. But Eddy would be staying over this time. There had also been talks about a short trip. But they were just taking it easy and keeping an open mind seeing how the week would play out.

Eddy reached Brett's apartment. He let himself in and set his luggage aside. They took a seat on the couch, watching random shows that was on the TV as they talked.

"What are we having for dinner tonight?" Eddy suddenly brought up.

"I'm sick of eating takeout for the past few weeks." Brett groaned.

"Let's cook something instead."

"You? Cook?" He asked skeptically.

"Hey, I'll have you know that I'm perfectly capable of cooking a decent meal for myself." Eddy spoke in confidence. He strongly believed that cooking was survival skill that everyone, regardless of gender should have.

"Alright then, master chef. What shall we be dining tonight?" Brett spoke in a regal-like voice.

Eddy laughed. "Let's see what we can work with."

They went to the kitchen, heading straight to the fridge. After all, ingredients were a crucial part of cooking.

Eddy wasn't surprised to find some bottled water, a half eaten chocolate bar and some random condiments when he opened the door of the fridge. He tsk-tsk in disapproval. "You really out here living like this."

"Hey, to be fair I'm a college student living alone." Brett huffed trying to defend his bare minimum lifestyle.

"This calls for some grocery shopping."

"Alright, what's first on the list?" Brett asked as he pushed the shopping cart.

"Shrimps and scallops." Eddy replied as he scrolled through the list on his phone.

"Wait, what are you gonna cook again?"

"No, it's what are we gonna cook. It's called Frutti di Mare. Meaning "Fruits of the Sea." Basically it's seafood pasta."

"Fancy. But I'm not really good at cooking.."

"It's fine. I'll teach you." Eddy assured.

They were at the shellfish area when Eddy turned around only to find that Brett was had disappeared along with the cart. He looked around in puzzlement. "Brett?"

'He's off to his own adventure again.' He chuckled softly to himself as continued searching for the ingredients he needed.

Brett realised he has been running out of snacks. Without much thought, he unknowingly left Eddy to his own as he made a beeline towards the goal in mind. He skimmed through the chips section looking for something specific. When he found it, he took two large bags and put it into the cart. He should be hospitable towards his guest.