Out of the Black

"You figure out that mirror yet?" You pad over to Momonga, grin on your face. You'd been taking turns trying to get it to work for the past day, and you'd taken your break to go and change into clean clothes. Now, instead of wearing yesterday's clothes around, you were in loose and comfortable clothing. Hooray for Hoodies!

Of course, Momonga thought you'd been sleeping. 36 hours awake for the win!

"Zara, I swear to god—Oh, no, wait..." Momonga moved his hands, scene in the mirror shifting to where he'd directed it to go. "Got it. You owe me... God, what did we even bet?"

"Five bucks."

"Yeah, I owe you that."

"Awesome. Show me how you did it." You plop down on the arm of Momonga's chair, watching the scene on the mirror with interest. It was a green, lush forest; very pretty and perfect for hiking, in your personal opinion.

"Yeah, okay. You just... Move your hands like so," He demonstrated, moving his hand and having the mirror scroll through the landscape. "And when you bring it back in, it stops."

"Oh, cool! Let me try, scoot." You nudged his hands away from the mirror as you gave it a shot, scene in the mirror moving as you did. However, it moved slower for you; damn you and your tiny arms!!!

You scrolled over a rooftop—

"Momonga..."

"Yeah, there's a village there. Aura found it yesterday, it's a human village. It's... Oh, about a kilometer or two from here?"

"It is two and a half kilometers from here, Lord Momonga." Sebas corrected from his position at the edge of the room, tidying as he did so.

"Thanks, Sebas." You smiled warmly at him; he was, in your personal opinion, one of the most loyal NPC's of Nazarick. That, and he could keep a secret; lord knows you'd spoken of some deep shit around him when you'd built your Infirmary.

Momonga and you watched the village life for a bit, watching the people go to and fro like ants in a terrarium, before a panic arose.

"Momonga—"

"I see it, Zara."

The village was being attacked by men in blue. They were cutting down men, women, children, who had done nothing wrong; it made you sick to your stomach.

You watched as two children ran out of the village; you raised your paw, following their trek through the woods. Watched as the girls ran out of energy and could run no more.

"... My Lord, my Lady... will you go help them?" You jumped; how the hell had Sebas gotten behind the two of you so quickly?!?

You looked to Momonga and nodded. He nodded back; good to see you were on the same wavelength.

"Yes, we will."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You stepped through the portal with Albedo in tow, your armor firmly in place. Your eyes softened at the sight of the two girls; based on the blood on the back of the elder girl, she'd been stabbed. A sword through the back had to hurt.

Instinctively, your healer's passive skill switched on. You could see the health and mana of everyone in its range, race replaced with a name if you knew it. It also told you the overall level of the person you were looking it.

A quick glance at Momonga confirmed that he was doing just fine; his mana had gone down a bit, but his HP was untouched. You turned your attention back to the children, assessing the damage. Absently, you heard Albedo and Momonga quietly speaking; about what, you didn't bother listening to.